Ugh

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
I went to an estate sale................I'M NOT A HOARDER.............and bought over 1500 pounds of lead for stained glass. Some is zinc too and there was several hundred pounds of brass, I took everything metal there for basically nothing. I'll never use the brass. So I listed it on craigslist. Its been a couple weeks with no interest. But, yesterday I got a email and from someone who lives pretty close. They asked what I wanted, told them scrap brass price and seemed ok with them because its well worth 1,000 bucks. They said they'd be here at noon....well, its almost 3:30 and not a word, text, email......nothing. I hate selling things.
We sold a truck camper last week. Sold pretty quick, like 2 days. But the people who bought it came on a foggy day, it was all flooded around us and I warned them. They followed their GPS, which took them to the flooded creeks. They should have been here at 5, but didn't get here till 8:30.
I gave brass guy good easy directions, but he obviously looked at his GPS and asked about a road GPS seems to like to bring people to..Its a horrible long bumpy and some spots deep mud road.
I've about had it and I want to go out but i'd really like to be here if he shows up. I'll be so happy to get rid of that brass..

We went to Atwoods and I put my glasses on to see the price of some items in a basket by the registers. The basket was full of this and that. My husband walked up as I was starting to dig. THe sign said 10 cents. So I asked a cashier if it was everything in the basket. She said 'yep'.....OMG, there was so much in there. Boxes of concrete anchors, regular price of over 15 dollars. There were packs of nails, wall hangers and wire. When we got home we added up what the 4.25 bought us added up to, over 350 dollars. I put most in our woodshop bins, and we'll never need to buy a concrete anchor for the rest of our lives...lol..........I'M NOT A HOARDER... but I feel like one sometimes. I just cant pass up a good deal, doesn't even matter if I think i'll ever use it, 10 cents i'd buy most anything....lol

I make things for me, things to give away. I use to sell metal art, but, it was just too much traveling around. Some of the zinc I got is called colonial and its really nice. I think i'm going to do a lot of the windows in my house out of it. Just clear glass though. I have a big project I want to do for a big vaulted wall, but the lead was going to cost a fortune. Never did I dream that this load was going to be dropped in my lap. My biggest problem is I have all these projects lined up, calving season is here, and then hay season, then shredding season, then its winter again.
There is enough lead that if any of my kids, grandkids want to learn, they know where to come. Stained glass is a very expensive hobby, at least half is covered if they want to start.

Craig Miller":3lut352w said:
We are gonna enclose the new back porch and I'd like to have a glass hanging there on the west side

My wife does stained glass. She can do anything. Dachshunds with name, deer with name, sea turtles with boat name etc. She's done churches. She'd done just about everything you can imagine. She leads the edges.

Craig Miller":278m1fw8 said:
We are gonna enclose the new back porch and I'd like to have a glass hanging there on the west side
If you have FB look at the 'Marketplace'....Search Stained Glass and people practically give SG things away. I've been shocked at how people have no idea of value..lol....but, that works great for bargain hunters like me. Its not like a SG window hanging can be called 'used or worn out'.... It can be weird, but most are just basic SG items....

cowgirl8":2e3h8gkj said:
Craig Miller":2e3h8gkj said:
If you have FB look at the 'Marketplace'....Search Stained Glass and people practically give SG things away. I've been shocked at how people have no idea of value..lol....but, that works great for bargain hunters like me. Its not like a SG window hanging can be called 'used or worn out'.... It can be weird, but most are just basic SG items....
I look there all the time. Never seen any though.

I finally got a message from the guy. I asked at 3pm, "Are you still coming." He replied last night, "Not today"
I know what i'm selling has a very small audience who would need it. But this morning I had another hit. Fingers crossed I get it sold....

I was trying to sell a truck last year. Had pictures posted and all. Two different people drove over an hour to see and said o h I didn't know it had a lift on it. Look at the pictures people.

When we sold our camper, I had a guy from Tenn. wanting to come look at it. For some reason that worried me. He said our camper was what he was looking for. Still worried me. So glad the first person who looked at it, took it. I really didn't want to deal with someone who drives 500 miles to look at a old camper. Was weird..
We drove 2 hours each way to get the jacks for our new camper. It was pouring rain when we got there. We met at a Brookshires. The jacks were what we wanted, no way to make sure they worked, but you could use a drill to raise and lower them. THe ad said 250, so my husband offered him 200. I was in the car, but he said the guy looked confused and said, That's what i'm asking.... UGH.... His daughter made the ad and listed it at 250. SO, that blew any more bargaining..BUt, still at 200 they were a steal..

I've been using the Letgo app. It's alot better than Craigslist I think. You don't have to give out your phone number but you can message through the app. I sold a car in just a few days and have bought music equipment and just bought 2 hay wagons. It's free too. I highly recommend it.

The guy just showed up yesterday. If I hadn't looked at my email 10 min before he got here, I wouldn't have known to stay at the house. His email said my phone number wasn't right but he tried calling, had it written down and it was my phone number. He was so creepy.. and I was home alone. I had him drive to the barns and luckily there is so much parked back there he would have had a hard time being for sure no one else was there. So, I kept my distance and let him look. He said he didn't bring money, wanted to just look at it. I get a call today from him and he left a voice mail, except he said nothing. Ends up he butt dialed me. Said nothing about the brass when I returned his call, so i'm guessing he decided he didn't want so much... Its a bunch of brass.

Latest posts