Ugh, breech!

Help Support CattleToday:

cow is a real trooper if she was in labor that long and still felt good enough to want cubes afterwards. sorry for your loss of the calf but good job to save the cow.
She is a trooper. She was orphaned at 4 months (mama had hardware, in spite of a magnet) and kept right up with the herd. I suspect she was robbing, and I supplemented her with cubes. Her ears are still a little droopy from pulling on the harness so hard but should perk up. Hate to sell her but it is what it is.

Just drop her off here.... 🤣
Cull prices will be higher this fall i believe. After she's raised a calf.

Seriously. Sorry to hear that.

Really wasn't her fault ya know..
How old is she?
If she would really take a calf or two, I'd be interested long as she don't weigh 1800lbs!
No, not her fault. Great pelvic measurements when she was a heifer and zero problems until now. She's 5, this would have been her 4th calf. I'd put her at 1300 - 1400 lbs. max. She might take one calf because she's always been an awesome little mama, but 2 may be pushing it.

@MurraysMutts I guessed right - max. She was exactly 1400 lbs @1.09 per. Also sold an open what should have been a first calf heifer that was 1435 lbs @1.14 per. Have no idea why she never settled & vet didn't find anything out of the ordinary when he pelvic measured her. Whatever, she's burger now!

See, @Travlr, that's not fat at all in my world ;)

Latest posts