Twins

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Finally got some pictures to download so will try to post....
DSCF0042.JPG

OK, what are these things on our head and why are we stuck and why are you looking at us thru that little box! We are gonna tell MOM!

What are their sexes and what are you going to do with them? Contrats too as this don't happen to many of us.

congrats on that set of cute lil twins.they do have a puzzled look on their face as to why they are tied up.

DSCF0043.JPG

These were my heifers first calves, she is doing a great job with them. They are a heifer and bull, I am having the heifer blood tested to determine her status. There were two placentas and the heifer is the largest of the two. I am hoping she is good.

flaboy":3fo6zp59 said:
High 90's percentage she will be freemartin.
Yup, one in ten are good. Vet said the "norm" is that the bull is bigger than the heifer and is usually second born. Since my heifer is bigger and she was second I am hoping she is that one of ten. I can hope but know that my chances aren't great.

Keren":qn8oz8jh said:
Thats a nice pied cow, and sappy looking calves too. Congrats and good luck with the heifer I'll cross my fingers for you.
Thanks! I am real proud of her. I sure was concerned about her before she calved. Her condition was terrible, those little buggers really took her down. Then when the twins appeared, it explained what was going on. Then I worried about this being her first calving that she would have enough milk for both of them, but she is doing great and her udder is beautiful. I am working with the little bull to see if I can help him catch up a bit with his sister (lacto gel with vitamins). And of course I have been pouring the feed to Mom and she is looking better each week. They were born April 6, so I think everyone is doing pretty well.
Thanks for the finger crossing and any other good thoughts you can send this way! :wave:
edit: to add picture of calves
Here are the twins checking out their cousin who was Born April 4th, he had contracted tendons :x and doesn't get around well yet, but you can see how much bigger he is:
DSCF0048.JPG