Twins with mummified calf

Help Support CattleToday:

shutskytj

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had twins with one being a little 5 pound mummified one. I had this happen a couple years ago the first calf I pulled out and was upset with myself anm 80 pound bull calf dead tried to revive it but wasn't able to brought the mother in the barn to keep an eye on her the next morning found the mummified one. The vet then told me that the first calf was dead right along then

shutskytj":1qiysgjb said:
Has anyone ever had twins with one being a little 5 pound mummified one. I had this happen a couple years ago the first calf I pulled out and was upset with myself anm 80 pound bull calf dead tried to revive it but wasn't able to brought the mother in the barn to keep an eye on her the next morning found the mummified one. The vet then told me that the first calf was dead right along then

We had it with boer goats last year.
small skinny kid was born that died next day, then 5 days later a half grown mummy, (like a small cat) then 2 days after that, another one, even less developed (like a baby rabbit)
those in the know in the goat world said it is not unheard of, and may have been two matings, with the eldest taking all the nutrients and starving the others. Bless 'em.

Latest posts