Pictures of the Twins

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
Dinner Time!
IMG_1345.JPG

Bonnie trying to charm her way off the dinner plate.
Bonnie.jpg

Clyde wondering what kind of sunscreen to use on his nose.
IMG_1343.JPG

how old are they now? does mom watch them both or if they get seperated does she only count to 1?

Cute pictures.

Several years ago we switched to Brangus cows and since all of the calves looked alike I got the bright idea to put ear tags in them and then when they went to eat, I'd write down which caf went to which momma. At dinner time, they all were nursing. Got out my pen and notebook and went to the field. First cow - 4 calves nursing! I threw my book down and went to the house.

Mom watches both. However, at first she preferred the 1st born bull calf. She let the heifer nurse, but didn't give it as much attention as she did the bull. They are a little over 2 months old.

Dusty Britches":1701wl6l said:
Got out my pen and notebook and went to the field. First cow - 4 calves nursing! I threw my book down and went to the house.

Thank you for making me laugh! That's a great one!

ffamom, congratulations on the successful twins! Hope they continue to do well. We've never had any twins (yet). I guess I would love it and hate it, but I know I'd lose a lot of sleep.

The heifer will probable be sterile, or a freemartin as cow people call it. When the twins are a bull and a Heifer about 99.9% of the time the heifer will be sterile. Something to do with the hormones secreted by the bull calf when it is in the womd with the heifer.

hurleyjd":p5ttdiu9 said:
When the twins are a bull and a Heifer about 99.9% of the time the heifer will be sterile.

Absolutely. They are still cute critters tho. I wouldn't take a chance on either of them for breeding stock.

their just to damn cute i remember when mine was that small dont hear of twins very much tho thats great congrads

Those are two very cute calves, ffamom! Twins are a pain in the rear, but I always got excited every time we had a set - even when 1 became a bottle calf. :lol: :lol:

Dusty Britches":1i5klgwh said:
how old are they now? does mom watch them both or if they get seperated does she only count to 1?

Cute pictures.

Several years ago we switched to Brangus cows and since all of the calves looked alike I got the bright idea to put ear tags in them and then when they went to eat, I'd write down which caf went to which momma. At dinner time, they all were nursing. Got out my pen and notebook and went to the field. First cow - 4 calves nursing! I threw my book down and went to the house.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dusty Britches":32latgk6 said:

That is exactly why I try to get the little turkeys tagged within 24-48 hours of birth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts