Twin Girls

Help Support CattleToday:

Twins are doing well. Mom has plenty of milk. One has white on her belly. The other is solid black.

I am glad I kept them up. I have a cow that is due anyday in the lot where I have the twins. One of the twins decided she was going to strike out on her own and adopt a mom that she didn't have to share with her sister. I put a stop to that.

Yeah, they will sometimes do that especially if another cow is that close to calving, her hormones will kick in and she will be wanting a calf even before she has her own. See that in the dairy cattle some, if there are a bunch in a dry lot / calving lot, there will often be one that will want to mother any and all new calves and even try to take a calf away from its' own mother just because her hormones have kicked in and she wants to be "the mom".
Glad the cow has plenty of milk to feed them. Since you also have a creep pen for calves after they get a little older, they ought to do just fine for you.

Bright Raven said:
Twins are doing well. Mom has plenty of milk. One has white on her belly. The other is solid black.

I am glad I kept them up. I have a cow that is due anyday in the lot where I have the twins. One of the twins decided she was going to strike out on her own and adopt a mom that she didn't have to share with her sister. I put a stop to that.
Guys by me used to put dog collars on both calves and a rope between them, that way they would never wander off alone anyway!

Latest posts