Tulsa

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm heading to the Tulsa State Fair in the morning with a load of my Longhorns. I will be there thru Sunday morning.

If any of yall happen to be around there be sure and come by. I'll be all over the place I'm sure, but more than likely I'll be by my area with the wood signs that say Sand Dollar Ranch. We show Friday starting at 10 am.

Ryan

I Love the Tulsa Fair, I think the state fair is in OK city though..Go to exhibision building it is huge..I think it one of the best Fairs in America....The cow and horse buildings are great....Good luck in the show...

Thanks to all for the well wishes. It should be a pretty solid show. There are 109 entries (53 in open and 56 in youth, if I remember correctly), so it'll be about a medium sized show. I love the Tulsa show. Used to go every year as a kid, then didnt go for 5 or 6 years, now this will be my second year to go back.

Yes, the "State" fair is in OKC, but they still call it the Tulsa State Fair. I was at the OK State Fair last week. Did real well. In the Open show I had Grand Champion Female, Grand Champion Mature Female, Rsv. Jr. Champ Bull, and the Grand Champ bull was one that we bred. Plus, in th Youth the Grand and Reserve Grand Champ Females were sired by a bull we bred and raised.

I'm glad I'll be up there so long. It'll give me plenty of time to check out all the other breeds, animals and the exhibits, for sure.

2barm, does Cliff do your cattle's feet, too? I sure hope to get some pics. Hopefully, lots of them in front of the backdrop with banners :cboy: :nod: :lol:

Ryan

Ryan,
I will be mainly at the stockyards on Friday and Saturday for the Gert sale. I am wanting to get over to the fairgrounds, so I will try and come by. You are more than welcome to come and take a look at the sale on Saturday. It starts at 11.

Santas and Duhram Reds":fxwd2hg9 said:
Bud, when are you going down. I think we are going down Friday night. Do you think we need to make reservations for a room? My wife says yes, I say its Tulsa, they'll have a room.

I'm not Bud, but this reminds me of years ago, when my wife and I and our 4 boys (when they were 8 to 14 yrs old) left West Yellowstone and took an easy drive to Spokane, WA on our way home from a 2 week road trip. I knew we would find a room in Spokane, WA.... It's Spokane. Got there about 6 pm, not a room in the city, they had their annual 3 on 3 basketball tourney going on. Long story short... 2 am finally found a room in a dirt filled hotel, last room they had.... nothing in between Spokane and Arlington, OR.... including they tri city area for you guys that know the area. I'd say that good insurance is a phone call to a good hotel.

Ryan is the show grounds in Tulsa the same place they have the World Paint Horse every year? If so it is a great facility. That was a nice drive for me, except I have never ran over turtles crossing the road before OK.

Alan

Alan":k5wawpl8 said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":k5wawpl8 said:
Bud, when are you going down. I think we are going down Friday night. Do you think we need to make reservations for a room? My wife says yes, I say its Tulsa, they'll have a room.

I'm not Bud, but this reminds me of years ago, when my wife and I and our 4 boys (when they were 8 to 14 yrs old) left West Yellowstone and took an easy drive to Spokane, WA on our way home from a 2 week road trip. I knew we would find a room in Spokane, WA.... It's Spokane. Got there about 6 pm, not a room in the city, they had their annual 3 on 3 basketball tourney going on. Long story short... 2 am finally found a room in a dirt filled hotel, last room they had.... nothing in between Spokane and Arlington, OR.... including they tri city area for you guys that know the area. I'd say that good insurance is a phone call to a good hotel.

Ryan is the show grounds in Tulsa the same place they have the World Paint Horse every year? If so it is a great facility. That was a nice drive for me, except I have never ran over turtles crossing the road before OK.

Alan

I believe its the same place. All the barns and facilities are relatively new, and all have Ford on them with different vehicles naming the barns. I really like the facilities here.

I, too, would make that call about the hotel. The hotels I've been by dont seem overly crowded, but its a whole lot better to be safe than sorry. Especially when the wife's comfort is in question.

Ryan

I would make reservations Aaron. I had called the beginning of the month about getting the rate for the sale, and they threw me around feeding me lines. It is much better to have a place before you get there, than ending up staying in a place where the toilet moves 2 feet away from the wall, the tile comes up off of the floor, and you see holes bigger than your fist in the wall.

We actually HAD reservations one year going to a different show, and they "lost" our reservations, and had to settle for a place like that.

Oh, I will be getting there around noon on Friday. I want time for the cattle to settle before everyone comes to look at them.

Latest posts