TUFF or Arrowquip for calving pen

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Looking at adding a round calving pen to our handling system.

looking for feedback between arrowquip and TUFF

I have a Sioux Steel square maturnity pen. I absolutely love it! It has flip up dutch doors on both sides so I don't have to reach across under the cow to get the calf nursing on the other side. You can also open them completely up if you have a cow go down when pulling a calf.

Not familiar with TUFF but I have seen the Arrowquip in action, and I LOVE IT!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Isn't TUFF a spin off or somehow affiliated with Sioux Steel? I really like Sioux Steel so I'd vote for TUFF although Arrowquip is a topnotch outfit too.

TUFF makes them for Sioux and some other companies. The CDN/US owners of TUFF, Alan and Dave, are both really nice guys. If you can dream it, Alan will build it for you.

SBMF 2015 said:
I have a Sioux Steel square maturnity pen. I absolutely love it! It has flip up dutch doors on both sides so I don't have to reach across under the cow to get the calf nursing on the other side. You can also open them completely up if you have a cow go down when pulling a calf.

Yes. Love mine as well. Great unit for doctoring in the pasture when not calving season. Just fold up, lift and go. I would love to have one sitting in every pasture with a few panels attached.

I know Arrowquip just came out with a new calving pen and i like how the pen has a lot of room and no corners. Makes it really safe and plus the head gate opens back so instead of running out mama can rest in the pen. Search the video on youtube looks cool

We do not have the Sioux or Tuff in this area, but I know 4 different ranches who looked at Powder River and Tarter and ended up purchasing an Arrowquip calving pen. Utah State is one of those and they actually own all 3 now. Since their heifer pen gets a lot more action than the other herds, they moved out the Powder River and put the Arrowquip calving pen in that herd.

Latest posts