Truck Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I have 3/4 ton diesel 2 WD and I'm in the market for tires. Ran across these and they are something I'm considering. I want to stay in this price range so I figured I'd get some ideas you may have.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTi ... vid=012741

The tires I've been buying are good, but they only give me 30,000 no matter how close I pay attention to them. Looking for something that's going to last longer and not leave me stranded on the road.

Check out the toyo open county I'm on my first set and very pleased so far the tire guy said I could expect 50 to 60k easy out of them .

Looks like a good one. I prefer the Good Year and Cooper's myself. Last 10 yrs or so I have been running Coopers, but thats mainly due to the dealer I buy from and pricing.

I bought Hankook ATm 265-16 E tires at my local co-op. Decent looking all season tread tire. I'm sure could do better if you're looking for a mud tire. Have no clue how long these tires will last. Cost a bit over $200 each.

Just can't get anything in the tread design that I want except the Toyo's. They are are $75.00 a tire out of my budget tho. Thanks for the suggestions! Guess I'm going with my original thought.

The only tire I use on any of my vehicles (including my tractors) is Michelins (sp).I have almost 60,000 miles on my 3/4 ton diesel crew cab tires and it looks like I can run for another 20 to 30K miles. They are round (use very little lead for balancing) and I've never thrown the rubber off one of them. I can't afford NOT to run them.

Being that I'm in tire sales. I will tell ya what we sell the most of around here on farmers trucks. I will add we have many gravel roads around here and these are what we find have worn the best for our customers. In an all terrain tread 265/75R16 10ply Yokahma Geolander AT/S, Cooper Discover A/T3, BFG A/T TA KO. Mud terrains Klever MT for a economy tire, BFG Comm. TA traction, Fierce Attitude MT, Wrangler Duratrac.
And the Toyo open country's are well built tires as well.

I went Saturday afternoon and bought the Goodyear tires I had been looking at. Discount Tire had a $75.00 rebate deal going but I had to purchase before closing, so I barely made it. They only had two in stock so they're searching for the others and should have them sometime this week. I do appreciate the recommendations tho.

Latest posts