trouble with jd566 baler

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
We are in middle of drought and i am trying to bale a very short crop of barley problem is before i get a bale made the barley and straw comes out the front and stops the belts or the twine arms only way to unplug is to dump the bale. I have tryed slowing the rpm and speeding up a gear but still no luck.I think it is just too dry but no dew in morning any one had similar expierence :help:

Well, not with barley since it isn't a crop grown here but yes I understand the problem. Short light bermuda is bad about that too. About the only thing you can do is make smaller bales in situations like that. Not really anything you can do about the filtering thru the belts. Decreasing baler rpms should help some but you can't slow so much the pickup doesn't work effeciently. This is where the side delivery rakes would help as you could rake till you had a favorable size windrow.

I agree with Vette. I don't think it has anything to do with the baler. My baler is a NH and it has trouble picking up hay in sparse windrows. In fact, my baler is in the shop right now because the hay got lodged between two of the rollers and broke something. This happened when all of my other haying equipment went down including the rake. I was trying to pick up hay from the cutter row instead of from a windrow.

Make your windrows bigger so the baler has something to work with.

Sparse windrows, short length and very dry hay is always a problem with any baler.

Thanks guys have borrowed a v-rake from friend will try to put 2-20ft together tomorrow had 3/10ths of rain today so hopefully will work.this is first rain in 2 months.wish me luck!!

Latest posts