Tree debris

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch

Reaction score
I have alot of dead and down mesquites to push into piles and burn,if they ever lift the burn ban. When I push the trees to the piles alot of branches break off and scatter along the way. What would you suggest to clean up the debris? Would a landscape rake work?

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":34ru5gty said:
I have alot of dead and down mesquites to push into piles and burn,if they ever lift the burn ban. When I push the trees to the piles alot of branches break off and scatter along the way. What would you suggest to clean up the debris? Would a landscape rake work?

It might ?..Can you find and borrow a pto or ground driven rock rake(windrower) anywhere, Should work as long as the branches are not real long.Guys use them up here for roots after bulldozing.Then they pick the roots with a stone picker.Maybe even a stone picker might work for you.

frenchie":3a847fxn said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3a847fxn said:

It might ?..Can you find and borrow a pto or ground driven rock rake(windrower) anywhere, Should work as long as the branches are not real long.Guys use them up here for roots after bulldozing.Then they pick the roots with a stone picker.Maybe even a stone picker might work for you.

Mahoney I will send you a picture of a root rake I built great for clean up.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":31trog8z said:
cowboy13":31trog8z said:
How big is it? If its little, we just leave it and the mower hits it and breaks it up. If its big, we just go pick it up.
Well come on over and pick up the big pieces on about 70 acres. :shock:

Don't look so shocked. That's what my job is during the summer when I'm not irrigating, cleaning runs, weeding trees, hauling hay, spraying weeds, or a million other things - picking up tree branches and piling them around half-dead cottonwoods and knocked down trees for burning when the wind isn't blowing. Granted, not a lot of fun, but has to be done.

cowboy13":24qc2pax said:
msscamp":24qc2pax said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":24qc2pax said:
cowboy13":24qc2pax said:
How big is it? If its little, we just leave it and the mower hits it and breaks it up. If its big, we just go pick it up.

Don't look so shocked. That's what my job is during the summer when I'm not irrigating, cleaning runs, weeding trees, hauling hay, spraying weeds, or a million other things - picking up tree branches and piling them around half-dead cottonwoods and knocked down trees for burning when the wind isn't blowing. Granted, not a lot of fun, but has to be done.

It shore ain't no fun. :lol:

You've got that exactly right, but it needs to be done so I do it. I don't like debris in the pastures. I must admit that I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one doing it, though! :D

msscamp":305lgbp6 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":305lgbp6 said:
cowboy13":305lgbp6 said:

Well maybe I can hire you out for the summer. I'm sure you'd be a better pasture ornament than cowboy13 :lol:

cowboy13":2eq6aomv said:
msscamp":2eq6aomv said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2eq6aomv said:
cowboy13":2eq6aomv said:

It shore ain't no fun. :lol:

hmmm.

I always liked work like that... :)

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":impujd0a said:
msscamp":impujd0a said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":impujd0a said:
cowboy13":impujd0a said:

Well maybe I can hire you out for the summer. I'm sure you'd be a better pasture ornament than cowboy13 :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I wouldn't count on that!

cowboy13":2evepczy said:
msscamp":2evepczy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2evepczy said:
msscamp":2evepczy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2evepczy said:
cowboy13":2evepczy said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I wouldn't count on that!

Count on what? :roll: I'm confused.
If your CORNFUSED your way too young!