trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

Heiferguy

Reaction score
This is going to be my third year showing cattle, we are starting to improve our equitment. so i was wondering if this trailer would make a very good show trailer. it is a 7x26, 7000 lbs axels, with mats
steel_trailer.jpg

steel_trailer.jpg

we will be hauling 3 or 4 heifers this spring. but we will have 8 at county. we also do pigs, and horses at county. We run a 400 head cow calf operation during the year so the trailer needs to be strong. what do you think?

Sorry bout that. Didn't see the pictures the first time. I like it, but it is going to be heavy. Nice trailer through. Where's it located?

yeah we have a dodge 2500, and a ford 350 with a 7.3 diesel, but i am pretty sure we are trading one of the trucks in for a 98 chvey kodiak 7500 or 8500

Get an aluminum one, they are so much lighter and last forever. Won't cost that much more over the long haul

You can get a 32ft aluminum with 2 axles. They're so much lighter they don't have to have the 3rd axle.

I've got a 32' steel with 3 axles that pulls better than my new aluminum 20'. The aluminum is lighter, but also more expensive.

I'd say go for it also!

I pull a 24' steel with a Dodge 2500. It handles it fine. I'd be careful with the 3 axles. You can roll tires off wheels, bend wheels and axles when turning tight with heavy loads. The loads you described, should not present that much of a problem.

from what i read it wont just be a show trailer it iwll also be used for hauling cattle.

Latest posts