Trailer pictures - a new trailer photo added

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Lets see if I can get this to work. Here are the pictures of my trailer for goat transport. The crate looks pretty ordinary because it needs a paint job. Many people transport their animals in 'farm crates' such as this. But just as many have fancy painted trailers specifically for their show animals. Some have mesh or solid sides. Some people have a canvas cover over the top and sides of the trailer (goats and sheep mainly). The yellow tarp on the front of this crate is because law requires us to have the front of a trailer enclosed. Some people have a 'roof' on their trailer and put feed and gear on top. There are a few people that transport their animals in horse floats, goosenecks and horse trucks, but not many. Mostly, people bring their cattle, sheep and goats in large trucks or semis. Often two or three studs from the same area will put their animals on the same semi to share costs.

The two crates on the back of the truck are a couple I picked up from clearing sales for a few dollars each. Nothing flash, and normally they are used as poddy kid or pig cages on the ground. Occassionally when I need to move lots of goats I stick them on the truck.

Trailer:
Goats_058.JPG

Truck:
Goats_061.JPG

Alternative goat transport:
Goats_052.jpg

Snider_Angus":d3y0nh45 said:
What do you haul the calves around in? a cardboard box? Just kidding that kindy cool.

Mainly on a semi, but when using a trailer, similar set up, bigger scale.

Nah, its only when I have one goat to move I chuck em in the car (and that doesnt happen very often). That picture I took the other day I went to a show and sale didnt show or sell but I had my eye on that one animal and it was a fair way -- it cost less to go in the hatchback than it did to take the ute and trailer.

My pet wether, Gizmo, loves going in the car. I take him along just for the drive sometimes.

Thanks for the photos Keren. You sure do see some different forms of transport. More so in the olden days than usually these days. I use a 24ft tray back truck or occasionally a semi when I take a larger team to shows. Sometimes I take my small Mitsubishi Canter truck its 15 ft long and handy to do small jobs. Our good friend who does casual work for us has it in Queensland this past weekend picking up a new grey Brahman bull for both of us to use. He's gone up near Gayndah,about 500ks from here.
Once again thanks for the photos. I'll start sending some when I get broadband. Its too slow with dial up.
Colin :wave:

Latest posts