Trail Cameras

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Anyone use them? What brands? Likes and dislikes about each brand? Mostly interested in comparison of Cuddeback and Moultrie

Thanks a ton

dun":27gexugp said:
Anyone use them? What brands? Likes and dislikes about each brand? Mostly interested in comparison of Cuddeback and Moultrie

Thanks a ton

I use moultrie and have been well satisfied, have tried some off brands over the years that did not hold up.
Had a Moultrie that developed problems after about four years sent it back in and Moultrie, they sent me a new camera.

I use to have Moultries. The screens kept going out after about 9 to 12 months. The quality of the pictures were O.K. but they would not hold up. I went through eleven cameras and gave up. Cabelas had a pretty good return policy at the time and I returned the last three I had and bought another rifle.
When Cabelas return policy was full replacement within a year it didn't bother me to much. Now anything after 90 days has to go back to the manufacturer.
You could go on the Cabelas or Bass Pro web site and read the reviews. The last time I looked I did not see good enough reviews on any of the brands to give me the confidence to buy more. It has been a couple of years since that happened and there may have been improvements. I sure miss them though. It was a lot of fun going around on Sunday afternoons pulling cards and seeing what was in the pictures.
Bear

I have two cuddebacks and I haven't had any trouble with them yet. Which reminds me I do need to go check on them its been a month or two since I've done so.

Jogeephus":2rl67tsd said:
I have two cuddebacks and I haven't had any trouble with them yet. Which reminds me I do need to go check on them its been a month or two since I've done so.
I've got 2 Moultries and a Primos. The pictures on the Primos aren;t vrery good (low resolution) the pictres on the Moultries are great, if there is anything there or more then just a butt. The cuddebacks are supposed to have the fastest shutter speed so I was thinking of getting one just to see. I'ld set up all 3 at the same place and see which one I get the best pictures from.

we have a couple dozen of the cuddebacks out and have used them for the last 3 or 4 yrs and have had no problems with them and the pictures are very good have used a couple of the other brands and you get alot of partial animal shots where on the cuddeback you get more whole animal shots

Angus Cowman":1crsbwi4 said:
we have a couple dozen of the cuddebacks out and have used them for the last 3 or 4 yrs and have had no problems with them and the pictures are very good have used a couple of the other brands and you get alot of partial animal shots where on the cuddeback you get more whole animal shots
That's what I'm hoping for. Which cuddeback are you using?

dun":22x082qa said:
Angus Cowman":22x082qa said:
That's what I'm hoping for. Which cuddeback are you using?
I will have to look I can't remember but I knowwhen we bought them they were in the 250-300 $ range

I don't remember mine either. Bass Pro had them on sale and I ordered them after asking some people about them. The only problem I have had is some times it will take a picture in infared instead of color. Not sure why but it migh be an overcast or foggy day. Still does a pretty good job but I have nothing to compare it to either.

I run Moultrie Outfitters, I like the ones with built-in viewers so I don't have to switch out cards or carry extra equipment to the field to view my photos. Just something to keep in mind.

Latest posts