Traded One For Two

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Well...out of slight desperation to liquidate our 2 remaining Peruvian Pasos (we're concentrating on our TWH's), we got an offer for our 3 yo PP filly. The people wanted to trade a Black & White Tobiano TWH mare and her 2 mo old Tennuvian filly for our PP filly.

We did it... :shock:

Now I guess we are going to have to figure out what to do with the Tennuvian filly when she is weaned. The jury is still out on our plans for the Tobiano mare. At least we only have to find a home for our fully trained PP mare. Keep having inquiries for her but people keep procrastinating about doing anything...nothing wrong with the mare or the price...

Any suggestions??

I would have done it too, nothing like getting a great deal, but nothing worse than people who beat around the bush. We had a weanling gelding listed for sale last year and a guy in D.C. contacted us. We went around and around for almost 3 months with this guy. He would say he'd sent the money, he couldn't find our address, he went on vacation and now was back, wife had a baby, etc. Finally I got so fed up I told him the deal was off, no money had exchanged hands and the sales contract we sent him was returned to sender because of wrong address. He back peddled so fast that he said he would send the money right away. I forgot about him then two weeks later he calls me up and says the check is at my local UPS waiting for me. I got mad and told him the deal was off and to stop calling me. I don't ever know why he just didnt' sent the check my snail mail. Any how I called the UPS store and told them to send it back. I didn't want it. We still have the gelding, but I will start him next spring and try to sell him again. Good luck in selling your foal, foal prices frankly suck right now. Keep prodding those interested and you may kick up a rabbit or two.

I would have done it too, nothing like getting a great deal, but nothing worse than people who beat around the bush. We had a weanling gelding listed for sale last year and a guy in D.C. contacted us. We went around and around for almost 3 months with this guy. He would say he'd sent the money, he couldn't find our address, he went on vacation and now was back, wife had a baby, etc. Finally I got so fed up I told him the deal was off, no money had exchanged hands and the sales contract we sent him was returned to sender because of wrong address. He back peddled so fast that he said he would send the money right away. I forgot about him then two weeks later he calls me up and says the check is at my local UPS waiting for me. I got mad and told him the deal was off and to stop calling me. I don't ever know why he just didnt' sent the check my snail mail. Any how I called the UPS store and told them to send it back. I didn't want it. We still have the gelding, but I will start him next spring and try to sell him again. Good luck in selling your foal, foal prices frankly suck right now. Keep prodding those interested and you may kick up a rabbit or two.

Latest posts