Tractor supply company

Help Support CattleToday:

shutskytj

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the feed and loose minerals TSC carries are they anygood I went to the one that just opened up near me and they are about 3 dollars cheaper a bag then where I am now buying

shutskytj":1l47aw3w said:
Does anyone have experience with the feed and loose minerals TSC carries are they anygood I went to the one that just opened up near me and they are about 3 dollars cheaper a bag then where I am now buying
I would compare a label from a National Brand of another Mineral, and you'll find TSC's Minerals are mostly just Salt. That's why they're cheaper.
The Feeds they carry, such as "All-Stock" are contract feeds from Purina, That IMHO, are nothing but trash feeds.Sold cheap, very few vitamins,lots of fillers, and wont give Cattle energy, and nutritional demands. Again read the labels.

Thanks Crowder just wondering I wasn't able to read the label yet just prices and was asking for good advice I got it thanks again. What do you think of the Purina show chow I need to start feeding my heifers and steers for show this summer

shutskytj":2dpyez5h said:
Thanks Crowder just wondering I wasn't able to read the label yet just prices and was asking for good advice I got it thanks again. What do you think of the Purina show chow I need to start feeding my heifers and steers for show this summer
I honestly dont know anything about their show feeds. May want to ask that one on the Show Board.

shutskytj":37zfip7r said:

I have heard some people like the purina show feed, personally I like Acco and some others if had to buy a company feed. But if you can get feed mixed locally at a mill I can give you a couple feed rations that work great and will save you some money. You can PM me if you need them.

They're the highest feed store in our town but I get my LA200 $10.00 a bottle cheaper there. They can can get you out of a fix every once in a while because their open on sundays.

Always heard the specs. are not too high on their feeds. Moormans are puting the feeds in our local TSC. Good company but who knows. Tsc is good to have around though, not many feed stores left and most of them don't much in the way of supplies.

don't know about their feeds, but i will say don't even think about buying their fence chargers.

Worked at a TSC for a year... don't like the feed... poor quality... definately trying to cheat the consumer..and not only when it comes to feed.

~J.P.

Parkerson Cattle Co.":3awje3jw said:
Worked at a TSC for a year... don't like the feed... poor quality... definately trying to cheat the consumer..and not only when it comes to feed.

~J.P.

I hope you was one of those rare ones that work there that know what stuff is! Called them one day to see how much wire cattle panels were and ended up hanging up because the girl helping me could never find them or knew what they were :mad:

aplusmnt":3twcxoqw said:
Parkerson Cattle Co.":3twcxoqw said:

~J.P.

I hope you was one of those rare ones that work there that know what stuff is! Called them one day to see how much wire cattle panels were and ended up hanging up because the girl helping me could never find them or knew what they were :mad:

This seems to be the problem just about every where these days. Spent 30 min between automotive and sporting goods looking for an item that third party says "Haven't been able to order these lately try Auto Zone." :eek: :eek: :(

Purina makes a good show feed, but beware when buying at Tractor Supply. They don't always carry it in stock.. I think they only order on certain days, or a certain time of the month. Nothing worse than going to buy feed and finding out they're out for two weeks! :mad: And not just feed!

awww, I been dealing with them for years, and I really can't complain. We don't buy feed from them, we have our own grain custom ground, then I know what we are getting. It's a pretty darn handy place on a Sunday, when you have 20 A of hay down, and you ran out of baler twine! Bought a solar charger from them ten years ago, and it'll still knock you on your ass half a mile down the fence line. Never a problem. In fact, I can honestly say, I've never bought anything there that I didn't feel I got my money's worth for...... if it was cheap, I expect it to perform cheap, just that simple.

Tanstaafl
Paso

Latest posts