Tractor Insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

bwalsh

Reaction score
We are trying to find insurance for our tractor. The tractor is about 3 years old and worth about 20 to 25K. It is kept on land owned by the family business; the tractor is owned by the business as well. So, a homeowner type policy probably won't work. The only quote I have received was far too high, at least that was my perception. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Ours is just rolled into the farm policy along with cows, the house, contents, barns, etc.

dun

The ohio farm bureau gives 10% off Nationwide insurance. They will cover the farm and everything that involves. Even liability insurance for the show road. Works good for us. Might look into something like that.

bwalsh":2npqrl9b said:
We are trying to find insurance for our tractor. The tractor is about 3 years old and worth about 20 to 25K. It is kept on land owned by the family business; the tractor is owned by the business as well. So, a homeowner type policy probably won't work. The only quote I have received was far too high, at least that was my perception. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

is the fact that it is owned by a business causing the problems with the price? you might want to compare prices...

jt

Thanks everyone for your responses.

JT, I also thought that because the tractor is owned by a business, insuring it would be more costly. However, that fact didn't seem to affect the price one way or the other, since we don't use the tractor off farm for custom baling, etc. The quote I received did refer to the tractor as a "mower," which I found funny. I should probably call around a little more.

I have 10k of insurance on my tractor through farm bureau. It cost me $53 per year. It is probably the closest thing to a bargain that I've ever seen on insurance.

JB

We have all of our Tractors, equipment, trailers, land, and farm liability insured through Germania. They have fair rates and good service as far as we know. We had a problem with Farm Buero a few years back so we canceled their policy.

Latest posts