Tracking someone down

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Anyone know how to go about tracking someone down? Ie, person moved to another state 70 years ago. I'm pretty sure what state he moved to but when he moved he had no children but he might have had some later. I'm more interested in finding his heirs since I'm sure he is dead now. Anyone know how you'd begin doing this?

If you knew their name and where they were born where could you locate a birth certificate.

Not exactly sure where he moved to. Do know the state but not the town. I'm thinking I might pin the down if I talk to some older people.

Jogeephus":23izd7s1 said:
Anyone know how to go about tracking someone down? Ie, person moved to another state 70 years ago. I'm pretty sure what state he moved to but when he moved he had no children but he might have had some later. I'm more interested in finding his heirs since I'm sure he is dead now. Anyone know how you'd begin doing this?
Joe....I could be wrong but I believe the Mormon church has one of the largest databases in the world for research like this...don't know if there is a charge for it or not but you might check into it.

Jogeephus":6roid4w4 said:

Google is your friend..........:) White pages .com works too.

You can find just about anybody. Just had a guy who murdered a man and the jumped parole caught by the grandson of the man he murdered. Now this guy is mad because he got caught. :roll:

Just keep digging. Just a thought try the tax roles in the state he moved to.

TexasBred":3p0syol6 said:
Jogeephus":3p0syol6 said:
Joe....I could be wrong but I believe the Mormon church has one of the largest databases in the world for research like this...don't know if there is a charge for it or not but you might check into it.
Tex is correct. Go to "lds.org" They have much information and It's free to anyone.~Tom

www.zabasearch.com

it accesses all public records and provides a lot of free information...

for you parents of teens out there... it's good to be able to track down the "friend's house" fairly quickly.

If you know the state maybe there are some relatives with the same last name. I would start with www.switchboard.com You can find about anyone or any business on there even with less than complete information. Good luck. Jim

john250":3pjogqzg said:
If you are an executor, I'm the heir. What is my name supposed to be?

Douglas":3pjogqzg said:
If you are looking to give them an inheritance then I can tell you where they are. Now what is that name again?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum ;-) :lol2:

Thanks for all the help. I went to the Mormon site today and then to Ancestory.com since I never could figure out how to open a GED extension. Ended up learning a lot and found that most of what I had been told was wrong. Seems you can hear about anything in these parts except bacon frying and change jingling. The person I'm looking for is actually a woman(they got some funky unique names in this family). She had two children both girls. She was also born in 1878 thereabouts and died in 1964. Didn't move off like I was told. As for the two daughters the trail ends there. I found their birthdates and their names from the census but that's about it. Maybe they are the one's that moved off but I suspect they are dead too so it will actually be their children I'm be looking for. I'm hoping I can find a lead that will tell me where they moved to or who they married. If I could find this I think things would progress quickly.

Since its obvious I'm over my head I called an attorney friend who likes geneology and asked him for some help. He's kind of a crusader and I think he likes what I'm doing and offered to help free of charge. So maybe with his help someone will be very happy in the near future.

Thanks again and I'll try some of these other sites too.

I tracked down one of my old girlfriends a couple of years ago. That's a trail that i wished would have gone cold. :eek: :shock:

upfrombottom":k88otnfv said:
curtis":k88otnfv said:
I tracked down one of my old girlfriends a couple of years ago. That's a trail that i wished would have gone cold. :eek: :shock:
I've tried to dust out a few tracks myself. :nod:

Same here. Removing your fingerprints with a bench grinder is a real pain. Who'd have thought shooting a few beer cans on a grassy knoll would have caused such a fuss.

Latest posts