Tour of Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

Bird

Reaction score
Any one use Tour of Duty bull on heifers? If so how is he for calfing? And are you happy with the calves? Thanks

The bull sure has moved a bunch in BW the wrong direction. He was -1.7 and now he is 2.4. 2.4 isnt terribly scary for heifers but the change in BW is certainly the wrong direction..

I've seen a few of his calves, good calves not the best in the group I seen, they had a lot of top and muscle.
His numbers are going in the wrong direction for most things if you are looking at numbers. WW in 2014 was 112 now 75, YW 171 now 125 and BW has already been stated.
Compare him to VAR Discovery 2240 (1762835)if you look at 2014 numbers big difference in how Discovery has close to the same numbers since then and T D has fallen.

Some of the change in numbers are likely due to his dam turning out to be a VRD 7087 daughter, instead of a daughter of 6807, as she was originally registered.

But, if you look back at HARB Pendleton's numbers... they moved quite a bit when he got some progeny info reported.

I have a few Tour of Duty calves that were born within the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't use him on heifers. Most of them are in the 80-85 pound range but I had one over 90. They are long but they aren't the most attractive calves to look at. They could use more rib shape and natural thickness.

Latest posts