Total Lunar Eclipse

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Thought I would share a pic of the lunar eclipse we had this side of the world last night, it was apparently not visible in the North. I watched a bit of it but a friend of mine sat up for the entire show (something like 5 1/2hrs :shock: , he's probably still trying to defrost), this is one of his pics. He has build a deck on his house roof especially for his new hobby - astrophotography, I reckon that could be quite an expensive little hobby!
LunarEclipseresized.jpg

A childhood friend of mine, who now lives in Louisiana, has the same hobby. Every time there is something neat going on I ask him to take pics for me . Yes it is an expensive hobby ,that is why it is his and not mine. :lol:

Great shot, thanks for sharing it Alison . :D

Valerie it does a bit hey but have you seen when you stare at it for a while it definitely seems to change colour :p .

Jogeephus":1l42i4xk said:
Fantastic picture. Looks blood red. He must have a heck of a lens.

I wish I had a decent camera lense.........the moon came up redder than that here last night. It cleared up when it rose.

Beautiful picture, Alison.

Speaking of the moon, here's an ongoing conversation that takes place every month or so at our house:

WIFE: "Honey, come outside and look at the moon. It's beautiful!!"

VANC: "Is it the same one that's been up there for the past 4 and a half billion years? If so, I've seen it."

WIFE: "When did you turn into such a crotchety old fart?"

I actually have a great answer for this, but in the interest of self preservation I've managed to suppress it so far.

VanC - That sounds a bit like my late dad's response to my mom when she would call him to look at the sunset, his reply would be "Not now, they all look the same anyhow". I suppose they would if one had gone through 5yrs of drought and had not seen too many clouds in that period, he was probably sick and tied of looking at the sky watching for rain.

KNERSIE":3swrpned said:
great pic, but still looks smaller than an elephant to me...

:lol: :clap:

Van ,it may be the same moon but sometimes it is extraordinary and more beautiful than one can imagine ;-)

Latest posts