The Eclipse

Help Support CattleToday:

It was pretty cool. Just went through. Took a selfie in my glasses with the lenses tore out. Would of made a pretty funny post, but I can't do pictures any more.

Sugar watching the Eclipse. only one of my mules thought the weld hood was a good thing

plumber_greg":3qc5e1vb said:
I'm 30 miles from St Joesph Mo.
Chinesse believe a baby concived in the eclipse is something special. They have rented Menard's parking lot and put a fence around it. Don't know what they are gonna' do.
I-29 is closed to one lane for traffic control.
US 36 is the same way.
Hope no one shows up. gs
Probably a lot of Chinese fuzz bumping going on there. :shock: :lol2:

I watched it with my kiddo who will be 7. He found it pretty interesting, therefore, I found it cool. It got "chilly" so I moved the irrigation line early.

Well I was near Jackson MS. The kids were really excited about it so I called and watched it with them over the phone. Kinda neat. Looks like you'd never know there was an eclipses it you hadn't been told about it all month long since it didn't get any darker or anything

That was amazing!!!! Up until totality it was not all the impressive. It got colder, darker and the wind came up. It was pretty neat to watch with the glasses, but without them it was not much difference than heavy cloud cover. Then suddenly the sun was gone and all that remained was a black hole in the sky. You could look right at it with your bare eyes. You could see stars and it kind of looked like just after the sun went down, except there was 360 degrees of sunset. It lasted a little less than two minutes and then the edge of the sun popped out and immediately it was no longer all that impressive. It would be terrifying to see that if you did not know what it was.

We were all alone in the big parking lot of the cattle sale barn until a minute before, then we were joined by a couple from San Francisco. We were about a half mile North of the little town of Lebanon and at the moment of totality we could hear cheers from the Park in town. This is something I will never forget. I am so glad we went. Traffic was fine in both directions.

Ouachita":237g4m18 said:
cow pollinater":237g4m18 said:
We thought about taking a little drive to see some new country and the eclipse at the same time until we started hearing about the influx of people and decided to treat it like any other day and go see new country at some other point in time as we tend to prefer sparse populations.
Same here. Was planning a 3 day mini-vacation, but after further study have decided to just hop on the side by side and drive around here with our welding helmets on, with big signs on front and back "THE END IS HERE". What could go wrong? If we don't entertain others, we'll at least entertain ourselves.
Same here , no glasses so I got a mirror and reflected it on the side of the barn, pretty cool.

TennesseeTuxedo":3kvk0xj8 said:
True Grit Farms":3kvk0xj8 said:
All the eclipse did here was cause it to rain on my raked hay. I sure don't need to see another.

Don't worry, you won't.
Sure he will...at least a partial eclipse.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather- ... 4/70002507

TennesseeTuxedo":tsjc033o said:
True Grit Farms":tsjc033o said:
All the eclipse did here was cause it to rain on my raked hay. I sure don't need to see another.

Don't worry, you won't.
Total eclipses happen somewhere in the world every 18-24 months.
IF you really want to see it you just need to travel. Often the path is only over the ocean, so you'll need a boat.

A thought..........
Path of totality of 2017 eclipse together with path of totality 2024.
X marks the spot...
Who is putting a crosshair on USA?

I have a theory...