Tornadoes

Help Support CattleToday:

bandit80

Reaction score
A little bit ago there were 12 counties in Kansas under a tornado warning. 8 as of right now. In central KS moving northeast. Line is building from Oklahoma up through Nebraska. Could be an interesting night.

This wind has got to go somewhere. It has been blowing 10 - 20 mph since Sunday evening. Right now it is SSE at 29. It is about to drive me nuts.

1982vett":2dljwgh3 said:
This wind has got to go somewhere. It has been blowing 10 - 20 mph since Sunday evening. Right now it is SSE at 29. It is about to drive me nuts.

Rest assured that it is going somewhere.....here. It's been blowing hard all day and seems to be worse as the day goes on.

Frankie":2mim1ozc said:
1982vett":2mim1ozc said:

Rest assured that it is going somewhere.....here. It's been blowing hard all day and seems to be worse as the day goes on.

Here too. Calm is around 20 mph, most of the time above 35. SUpposed to have tornado watches and sever weather after midnight. GEE, I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

1982vett":1wdndafo said:

Tell me about it. It is blowing all week and isn't supposed to stop til late next week. It wears me out. I hate to do chores when it is this windy and it is drying everything out something fierce. My four o'clocks are ten o'clocks at the moment. The wind has blown them over, I fear, for good. There's no way I am gonna go out and try to paint in this stuff.

I hate wind like this!!!!!

57 degrees and we had a little rain today for the first time in weeks. Thank God! We're starting to burn up and the rivers are out of their banks. Go figure.

Lammie":1fi8o3gs said:
There's no way I am gonna go out and try to paint in this stuff.

Don;t try to apply pour on either. I think the wife got more on her then she got on the cow, and the cow was in the chute.

dun":2c45wmlt said:
Lammie":2c45wmlt said:
There's no way I am gonna go out and try to paint in this stuff.

Don;t try to apply pour on either. I think the wife got more on her then she got on the cow, and the cow was in the chute.

Yes, but she won't get parasites or flies!!!

Lammie":29b6beks said:
1982vett":29b6beks said:

Tell me about it. It is blowing all week and isn't supposed to stop til late next week. It wears me out. I hate to do chores when it is this windy and it is drying everything out something fierce. My four o'clocks are ten o'clocks at the moment. The wind has blown them over, I fear, for good. There's no way I am gonna go out and try to paint in this stuff.

I'll bet your ancestors went out and painted in stuff like this. Just paint downwind.

John, you just are so full of wisdom, aren't you?

This is the kind of wind that blows over paint cans and dries paint on the brush. Texas stuff you mid westerners wouldn't understand. You got winter but we got the hot, dry, summer wind. It switches around directions, too.

Can I have some fellow North Texans testify?

Yep been real windy here the last couple of days.
We are now in a tornado watch until 3am.
May get hail the size of nickles and wind up to 70mph.
Don't sound good at all.

Cal

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/19589404.html (guy in the story is my uncle)

got hit here...AGAIN. weather has been horrible here. theres towns that are closed because of flooding. tornado outbreak last nite and we got lucky it was all west and north. today it came in from northeast kansas. alot of areas have gotten 5 inches of rain or more. some areas got 3 inch hail and 3 inches of rain in 20 mins. the tornado keeps gettin closer to me. last time it was 3 miles, now its down to 2. i was up in lincoln the whole time. not being at home and having to wait it out was really hard for me. everybody is safe though. thats all thats important i suppose. buildings can be rebuilt, people cannot.

From Environment Canada:

Camrose county near Bawlf and rosalind
7:01 PM MDT Friday 6 June 2008
Tornado warning for
Camrose county near Bawlf and rosalind issued

Severe thunderstorms have developed rapidly near Stettler and are heading west northwest at 15 km/h. There were reports of tornado tounched down 5 miles east of heisler between highway 854 and 856. This tornado is heading east northeast at 15 km/h.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED IN THE VICINITY OF STONY PLAIN AND IS HEADING EAST WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 KM/H. THERE WAS A REPORT OF FUNNEL CLOUD NEAR STONY PLAIN AND EXTENSIVE AMOUNTS OF PEA SIZE HAIL WERE ALSO REPORTED. HOWEVER LARGER HAIL AND HEAVY DOWNPOUR CAN ALSO OCCUR WITH THESE THUNDERSTORMS.

Camrose county near Bashaw and meeting creek
7:01 PM MDT Friday 6 June 2008
Tornado warning for
Camrose county near Bashaw and meeting creek issued

Severe thunderstorms have developed rapidly near Stettler and are heading west northwest at 15 km/h. There were reports of tornado tounched down 5 miles east of heisler between highway 854 and 856. This tornado is heading east northeast at 15 km/h.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE DEVELOPED RAPIDLY NEAR STETTLER AND ARE HEADING WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 KM/H. THERE WERE REPORTS OF TORNADO TOUNCHED DOWN 5 MILES EAST OF HEISLER BETWEEN HIGHWAY 854 AND 856. THIS TORNADO IS HEADING EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 KM/H.

Yellowhead county near MacKay Wildwood and Evansburg
Parkland county near Wabamun carvel and keephills
Parkland county near Entwistle fallis and Tomahawk
Lac ste. Anne county near Cherhill and Glenevis
Lac ste. Anne county near Mayerthorpe and Sangudo
Lac ste. Anne county near Onoway and lac ste. Anne
Parkland county near Stony Plain Spruce Grove and enoch
6:33 PM MDT Friday 6 June 2008
Severe thunderstorm warning for
Lac ste. Anne county near Mayerthorpe and Sangudo issued

Severe thunderstorms have developed in the vicinity of Stony Plain and is heading east northeast at 15 km/h. There was a report of funnel cloud near Stony Plain and extensive amounts of pea size hail were also reported. However larger hail and heavy downpour can also occur with these thunderstorms.

Yes the Alberta Weather Warning system sent an alarm on tv about a tornado touching down south of Edmonton, and asking people nearby Heisler to head to their basements or a ditch or any other low area ASAP. Pretty scary.

Latest posts