Top this one

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO - All it takes is one illegally parked troublemaker to tie up freeway traffic — especially if it's an 8-foot alligator sprawled across the pavement.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't remember any of this in the academy," police Officer Albert Silva said of the traffic jam early Sunday. "As far as I know, there's no procedure on this other than: 'Don't get bit.'"

Police car sirens didn't persuade the big reptile to budge off Loop 410.

Police threw orange traffic cones at the gator, but it just snapped at the cones and flung them away.

The gator even assaulted a police car, biting a chunk out of its bumper.

Officers finally used a lasso and metal poles to coax the alligator into a drainage ditch leading to a lake.

State game warden David Chavez couldn't explain why a gator would take up residence on a busy highway.

"They keep to themselves," he said. "They don't go out looking for trouble."

Well, I sure wouldn't argue with him...

Alice

TxCoUnTrYbOy":2128n96k said:
If I ever come across one of those, Im gonna have a new pair of boots.

Or only be able to count to nine. :shock:

I that the same gator that took a bite out of the police car? I saw the news story. When we went to Lousiana, we saw them by the road as we drove from Lake Charles to Creole. I took some picture, from inside the car. :roll:

Lammie":3dvkx6oo said:
I that the same gator that took a bite out of the police car? I saw the news story. When we went to Lousiana, we saw them by the road as we drove from Lake Charles to Creole. I took some picture, from inside the car. :roll:

Said he took a chunk out of the bumper which isn't all that hard to do with the newer cars. If I had been there that's when I would have lost it. I can hear it now.

"Officer... What happened to the bumper of your patrol car?"

Cop (Mumbling) "Gator bit it."

hehhehhehhehheh...Z

Lammie":2lo92ja4 said:

I saw them to when we were in Louisiana, going from Hammond down to New Orleans, I thought how they would make a nice pair of shoes. but then on the other hand it is a cruel thought. :(

When I was in college I worked in "The Swamp" It is a 3 Acre swamp on campus. Quite often we would have to go out and catch a gator who wondered out in the night and was sitting at a crosswalk the next morning. Eventually we had to put up a small fence on the only side that didn't have a brick wall. Too many lap dogs being "fed" to the gators!