too much milk vs cheap tool

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I broke my craftsman 3/4 inch breaker bar then only other I had out in the field was a harbor freight 3/4 ratchet destroyed both

PART_1460337216327_IMG_20160409_170413436_zpsh4p7b2dc.jpg

You are going to have to cut back on the creatine mix or you are going to destroy everything you have.

dun":2h5hu2l6 said:
At least it didn;t break and bark your knuckles

:lol2: True

M.Magis":2h5hu2l6 said:
Looks like you may need the hot wrench if the same bolt broke both of them.

No my once inch impact got it off though lol

M-5":2h5hu2l6 said:
When you put a cheater pipe on one nothing will survive . I have a 3/4 bar 4' long and I hammered the 3/4 end to fit in a socket. I wont break. I have broke quite a few sockets with it tho.

Yea its insane how the impact got it off with no issues

skyhightree1":184sy4vy said:
dun":184sy4vy said:
At least it didn;t break and bark your knuckles

:lol2: True

M.Magis":184sy4vy said:
Looks like you may need the hot wrench if the same bolt broke both of them.

No my once inch impact got it off though lol

M-5":184sy4vy said:
When you put a cheater pipe on one nothing will survive . I have a 3/4 bar 4' long and I hammered the 3/4 end to fit in a socket. I wont break. I have broke quite a few sockets with it tho.

Yea its insane how the impact got it off with no issues

jltrent":184sy4vy said:
You are going to have to cut back on the creatine mix or you are going to destroy everything you have.

lol

You didn't break the HF bar. In fact your a multi-millionaire now. Brand new revolutionary bar design with a gentle curve in it. Should start selling them at $80 a pop. Isn't that what all the tool manufacturers do? Who wants a straight bar? Curved is the new sexy tool to have in your cabinet.

Aaron":eqw77m7i said:
You didn't break the HF bar. In fact your a multi-millionaire now. Brand new revolutionary bar design with a gentle curve in it. Should start selling them at $80 a pop. Isn't that what all the tool manufacturers do? Who wants a straight bar? Curved is the new sexy tool to have in your cabinet.

Great point ;-)

Impacts work good on stuff that's fixed rigid.. if the item is light, it can't get the power where it needs to be.

I've never busted (or bent) a 3/4" tool.. and I've used plenty of cheaters on them.. though I do have a pretty good Grey ratchet and breaker bar..

For a good penetrating oil.. I found one that seems to work wonders.. my U bolts for my rear axle haven't been touched in 24 years, a bit of Swepco 801 and the tightened back up just nicely.

Speaking of bent tools though.. I once saw some auto-adjusting wrenches and bought them.. turned out they were CAST ALUMINUM!! Didn't have the receipt anymore, so when I went back to that store, I went and bend the whole shelf-full of them, IN THE PACKAGE and hung them back up.. I hope someone got a chuckle and I save someone a bit of money (they were cheap, but that's not the point)

lol

On a different note has anyone looked at craftsman tools they are made in china.. When did that change I thought they were all US made either way my snap on tools rarely break but these newer craftsman tools are crap.

skyhightree1":lz594cr7 said:
lol

On a different note has anyone looked at craftsman tools they are made in china.. When did that change I thought they were all US made either way my snap on tools rarely break but these newer craftsman tools are crap.
I dont know when it changed but it has been awhile now and yeah craftsman tools are crap (new ones that is)

dun":2lw86kt7 said:
Do they still stand behind them like they used to?
I think so my dad went through 2 in one day went back to the same store he got it from and every time they gave him a new one

skyhightree1":2qhzwa5l said:
lol

Craftsman has been made in China for a while. I still buy some craftsman, but like Kobalt better for cheap tools. A lot of Snap-On is made in Spain, but it is still much better than the previous mentioned. Just too much $$$ for me to buy much Snap-on.

Latest posts