too much milk vs cheap tool

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14":xltngo9q said:
skyhightree1":xltngo9q said:
ga.prime":xltngo9q said:
Might oughta put some anti-seize compound on those nuts and bolts before you put them back on.

Any bolt I take loose that I may have to deal with again I always do but this was a lug nut on a dump truck so not putting that on them.
We put anti-seize on lug nuts haven`t had any problems

My trucks are on the road trucks and get checked by DOT from time to time as finicky as they are I don't need any additional bs so I use a lil pb blaster then put on.

+1 on the acetone/ ATF. Liquid Wrench is also good. Not too big on Snap-On. They had a factory about 20 miles away, they closed it down about 15 years ago, to go overseas I guess. Left the town of Mt. Carmel with a gaping hole in the landscape and a lot less good jobs.
I bought a 1" gear reduction tool off a GOB's truck this winter, he was from South Carolina. It's supposed to have something like a million # of torque. All joking aside, it will break the lugnuts loose off a semi tractor without you even straining.

skyhightree1":1c8i39ag said:
ga.prime":1c8i39ag said:
Might oughta put some anti-seize compound on those nuts and bolts before you put them back on.

Any bolt I take loose that I may have to deal with again I always do but this was a lug nut on a dump truck so not putting that on them.
Around here, *EVERY* lug nut gets copper anti-seize, that includes logging trucks... If they didn't you'd NEVER get them loose after just a month.
I would use it, just perhaps not goober it on so thick... and torque them back to spec with a torque wrench

What's a torque wrench? :lol: You sure you didn't mean a socket on a pull handle with a cheater bar slid over it? :hide:

All jokes aside I would like to own a torque wrench. May pick one up next time I go to town.

JMJ Farms":3ocwrpfz said:
What's a torque wrench? :lol: You sure you didn't mean a socket on a pull handle with a cheater bar slid over it? :hide:

All jokes aside I would like to own a torque wrench. May pick one up next time I go to town.
I have a set from 1/4 to 1/2.. don't have a 3/4 though.. which is what he'd need.. those lug nuts probably get torqued to 500 ft lb

skyhightree1":33zosezj said:
lol

On a different note has anyone looked at craftsman tools they are made in china.. When did that change I thought they were all US made either way my snap on tools rarely break but these newer craftsman tools are crap.
Going on 5+ years.

There has been lots of NOS in stores until the last year or so. It's pretty much all China now.

That's why it's SK and wright for me.

hillbilly beef man":xljsdkov said:
Craftsman has been made in China for a while. I still buy some craftsman, but like Kobalt better for cheap tools. A lot of Snap-On is made in Spain, but it is still much better than the previous mentioned. Just too much $$$ for me to buy much Snap-on.
Really? What snap on tools would those be?

Askme42":dwuwwtdw said:
hillbilly beef man":dwuwwtdw said:
Craftsman has been made in China for a while. I still buy some craftsman, but like Kobalt better for cheap tools. A lot of Snap-On is made in Spain, but it is still much better than the previous mentioned. Just too much $$$ for me to buy much Snap-on.

Most stuff besides their wrenches. The only plant they have left in the US is in Elizabethton TN. All their other plants are in Spain or China.

hillbilly beef man":16qie0qk said:
Askme42":16qie0qk said:
hillbilly beef man":16qie0qk said:

Most stuff besides their wrenches. The only plant they have left in the US is in Elizabethton TN. All their other plants are in Spain or China.

Almost all of snap ons hand tools are made in the USA.

Are you talking about the power washer sold at Home Depot?

Yeah pretty obvious all of that stuff is just someone paying them to use their name.

Here's a list of all of their USA plants.

Algona, Iowa
Tool storage units

City of Industry, California
Torque measuring products, calibrating equipment and specialty tools

Conway, Arkansas
Under-car service equipment

Elizabethton, Tennessee
Hand tools

Elkmont, Alabama
Hand tools
Louisville, Kentucky
Vehicle lifts