Too early on heat??

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
We did a 7 day sync. Friday night 1030/1115 we pulled CIDRs and did shot of Lute. AIing tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Question is: I just checked on the cows this AM, and a heifer stood twice for one of our fall calving cows. A lot of sniffing and unsettledness around that one particular heifer. Is she going to miss? Should I get my tech out here ASAP? If I'm not mistaken, she should more likely be standing in approx. 36 hours instead of now?

Thanks for the advice expertise in advance. NOTE: My tech is out of town till tonight, that's why we sync'd for tomorrow. The first thing I did this morning was sent him a text, but havn't heard anything yet.

If its this AM breeding Pm tommorrow yes she will miss, If you can get the tech out I would. If your going to do TAI id pull cidrs on hefiers 12 hours later than cows.

bse":3ialgypq said:
If its this AM breeding Pm tommorrow yes she will miss, If you can get the tech out I would. If your going to do TAI id pull cidrs on hefiers 12 hours later than cows.
Good to know, thank you bse!

If she was standing this morning, I would have AId her tonight. The heifers seem to come in earlier, and I get mixed results with the Lute. With Lute, we get standing heats 48 to 72 hours later on average. We luted two cows on a Sunday night a few weeks ago, and one stood on a Tuesday evening with the other standing on a Thursday morning. We were trying to get the cows to cycle together for the embriologist to come out on one trip, but he ended up making two.

Latest posts