Too busy. To bury the dead

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
The next drive thru is a drive thru funeral, the casket with body is put in a big show window and the cars drive by, seems disrespectful to me. :frowns:

Yes, they are being disrespectful starting with the family that allows their "loved one" to be the one being driven by. This world is getting more bizarre by the day.

They are burying the dead. The drive through is only open for the time allotted for drive through viewing. The deal is they did that because it makes it easier on people freaked out by funeral homes but most important reason was for handicapped individuals to be able to view and not get out and go through wheel chair and etc. I think its a good idea. There hasn't been anyone to use that service yet but it is available.

skyhightree1":1r1fb1x9 said:
They are burying the dead. The drive through is only open for the time allotted for drive through viewing. The deal is they did that because it makes it easier on people freaked out by funeral homes but most important reason was for handicapped individuals to be able to view and not get out and go through wheel chair and etc. I think its a good idea. There hasn't been anyone to use that service yet but it is available.

Went to see Willie Nelson this summer. You know, I think ol' Willie may have tumbled to something. He sang his new song, "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die" :shock: (Personally, I preferred "Angel Flyin' Too Close To the Ground, but mine was the minority view. ;-)

I do think it's disrespectful, and it starts with the family, and for the friends who are freaked out by funeral homes, they should suck it up, besides, if they wouldn't come to the funeral home, they probably won't come through the drive through either.

I am not much on the idea of "viewing", drive by or otherwise. I have seen my share of dead people up close and personal. I will believe you that they are dead. Just shut the casket and lets get busy burying them.

Amen to closed caskets. If the family wants to see their loved one, so be it. Most folks do not look like themselves. I personally like to remember them the way I remember them, not made up to disguise old age, war, or other tragedies.i just hope the family finds some peace.

Latest posts