Tonight our animals can talk........

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjohn

Reaction score
In Bethlehem on Christmas night, the animals all gathered around the manger and warmed baby Jesus with their breath. In order to thank the animals, God gave all the animals a miracle: every year on Christmas Eve at the stroke of midnight, the animals can talk.

Go out and feed your animals and talk to them.

Merry Christmas

Thank you farnerjohn, and may GOD bless you . Good night, and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I'm going outside now.

Mac

hersh":58r4991h said:
but if they do talk back get the poop out of there. :D

guess you cant use some words here huh.

hersh, you use any words that you want....
I say again THANK you farmerjohn. I don't know if you believe me or not, but I did spend the midnight hour with my animals, and they did not speak to me with words, but I comuned with them as never before. Not only the cows, but the pigs, and the chickens seemed to have a calm that they never had before. Even the gueneys, and the ducks did not seem to mind me being there.

I hope that you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and again,

GOD bless you,

Mac

Old tradition....been listening to the animals on Christmas ever since I can remember.
Our gals told us that they are thankfull for the good groceries but would like a ration of cracked corn more often.
Old Boss Cow said that she wanted to retire after this spring calf but would wait until June to make up her mind. The bred heifers are looking forward to calving and the cows said that they would give them advise when the time comes.
The calves wern't sure about this talking business and were surprized that they knew what I was saying but did thank us for being calm and gentle with them.
The big steers let me know that I needed to check the tank heaters....we had two that were leaking and gave a charge to the water and they had to eat snow and drink melt yesterday.
And that's what is happening on our farm this Christmas.
We send our best wishes to all...
Sue & Dave McCullough

I just enjoyed the peaceful night. Listening as the cows chewed the hay, watched the stars in the sky and thought of Bethlehem

Merry Christmas

After spending a big portion of my life working in the metroplex in office atmospheres, I find I much prefer talking to the animals. There's a certain amount of peace involved in it. Poor Van, it's hard for him to drag me off this farm...

I talk to mine everyday, not just Christmas...calves, dogs, old horses, the big blue heron that stops by from time to time...I talk to all of them...and answer them when they talk to me.

Alice

Well, I went out and had quite a chat with my cows this afternoon after they somehow managed to get hold of the water trough and dumped it upside down over the well. I tried to explain to them that now after all that water got pumped on the ground that there's going to be a big slippery patch out there by the water trough all winter. I swear that they looked appropriately chagrinned. ;-)

Cattle Rack Rancher":2oygqof8 said:
Well, I went out and had quite a chat with my cows this afternoon after they somehow managed to get hold of the water trough and dumped it upside down over the well. I tried to explain to them that now after all that water got pumped on the ground that there's going to be a big slippery patch out there by the water trough all winter. I swear that they looked appropriately chagrinned. ;-)

prolly cause they new you would fill it back up.

i hope everyone had a merry christmas. thanks for the animal talking story... i had forgot about it.. my grandfather use to tell it to me when i was very small, thanks again............... hope all has a great new year Rose

Most everybody seemed pretty contented but my stud horse was all over me about when we'd be able to go back to work. I guess he misses it as much as I do.Z

Latest posts