>"We're supposed to find the height of the flagpole," said Bubba, "but
>we don't have a ladder."
>
>The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a few bolts,
>and laid the pole down. Then she took a tape measure from her
>pocket, took a measurement, announced, "Eighteen feet, six
>inches," and walked away.
>
>Ray shook his head and laughed. "Ain't that just like a woman!
>We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"
>
>Bubba and Ray are currently doing government work
>supervising the reconstruction of New Orleans

Hey Dun,

Are you sure those two fellows weren't named Crowder and War Paint?

Oh yeah, thats correct, Crowder and Paint would have had to graduate from high school to get into Engineering school. Oh, never mind..........

Nowland Farms":3lt9ru0p said:
Hey Dun,

Are you sure those two fellows weren't named Crowder and War Paint?

Oh yeah, thats correct, Crowder and Paint would have had to graduate from high school to get into Engineering school. Oh, never mind..........

Very Funny, Nowland... Even me and Paint know that you dont build houses in a sink hole. Now for that avatar of your's. I find it offensive and revolting, and a symbol of hate and bigotry. Please remove it promptly, or I'll be contacting the ACLU. :lol2: :lol2:

Crowderfarms":e73sc27v said:
..... Now for that avatar of your's. I find it offensive and revolting, and a symbol of hate and bigotry. Please remove it promptly, or I'll be contacting the ACLU. :lol2: :lol2:

I know your comments are in jest but you are SOL about me removing my avatar. My Great-Great Grandad fought and lost a leg in the war. His service allows me to proudly wave the flag in his honor. Please have the ACLU call my tollfree number 1-800-Tuff-Stuff :) :) :)

NF said "My Great-Great Grandad fought and lost a leg in the war."

Which reminds me of a family story. My Great Granddad was about 11-13 years old. He was driving the family's wagon down a dirt road when "YANKEES" came upon him. The soldiers took the team of mules, the wagon and kidnapped him. (Funny how the word has always been "kidnapped" and not captured. I guess since he was just a boy going about his business he always told it as being kidnapped.) Anyway, he was able to get away and hide but the mules and wagon were gone forever.

Cuz

Anybody else have any Civil War stories?

No Civil War stories but I think that Ray and Bubba drew up the plans for the Hwy. 45 bypass in Jackson as it goes within two blocks of the center of town. Sorry fellow Tennesseeans, and this is not the only one they did.