TJLA Site

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Anybody notice the new showbox site gives a hotel profile for shows now? That's a cool feature. Seems like it always took me a lot of time to book hotels in towns that we hadn't been to before.

Yeah, I noticed. That's a pretty nice feature. We've got a breed buckle show over Labor Day weekend coming up and there was something wrong with the way the show was listed on the site, so I called the website manager and he fixed it on the spot. I think people are really going to enjoy the new site. :lol:

A few years ago, they published a loose leaf binder type book that had the location of all the show facilities, plus hotels (with feedback from folks that actually stayed there) and information on restaurants and fast food places. Great idea! I think they should publish something similar for the majors as well. Always hard to find something in an unfamiliar town!

i believe that book was written by rachel williams - not tcca

Speaking of the hotel lists, if you book through one of those links, the TJLA will get a small commission.

The goal for tomorrow is to setup the profiles and show information pages. It will allow members to say a bit about themselves and the show sponsors will be able to add details for their shows.

I bought the rights to republish the data from Rachel about two years ago for Cattle.com and that's the data you see for a few of the buildings. I haven't finished inputting all of them though and there are quite a few that don't details yet.

If there is anything you think would make the site better, let me know. Part of the reason I took the project on (I'm not a big fan of taking on clients) is I've always thought their site could be amazing if somebody would put the effort into it.

I really like the changes! We put on a few shows evey year and I'm looking forward to being able to list some of the show details on the site. I think our exhibitors will appreciate it, too.

Latest posts