Tired

Help Support CattleToday:

I finally got a lot of brush burned. Will hopefully get some more burned this weekend if the wind doesn't get up. I got just over an inch and a half at the house as of yesterday a.m. It trickled all night with a good slow soaker.

It's wet here this morning, too. But it's all hanging in the air (fog). We're supposed to be getting rain this weekend and I'll be glad to see it. Last year at this time, we had terrible wildfires around here.

All I know is that I am just pleased as punch to have anything to pour out! This rain means so much to me this winter after such a dry spell last year this time. I hope it keeps it up around here. I do know, though, Caustic, that you can have too much of a good thing!

I have been sloshing through the mud. We are in black gumbo at this place. My boots keep getting stuck! We haven't been able to get the tractor out to put out hay so I have had to do it by hand. I am so proud of this rain that I don't care.

Caustic, sorry you have too much.

I have no idea how much rain we've had. The tornado blew the bottom out of the rain gauge. It was a little test tube looking rain gauge...and the very bottom end is gone...not the top part, not the part that hooks it onto the fence, just the little bowl at the bottom. :shock:

Alice

Warm temps and rain. I need to mow my yard and I've seen business still using their yard folks. Pastures look like it's mid March and we had some tornado warnings that are very unusual for this time of year.

I only feed hay in one pasture that's overstocked.

i'm tired of feeding hay in the mud. I'm ready for the ground to freeze.

Sure wish I could get some rain my way. We are so dry we can't even get any snow on the ground.

Latest posts