Tire waterer

Help Support CattleToday:

cowperson

Reaction score
Have a tire waterer that has a crack that is leaking on top of tire waterer. How can this be repaired?

Lower the water level below the leak. Because there is no pressure clean it good and roofing tar will hold for a long time. Its a cheap fix.

Depending on the size/damage, a conventional tire patch with self vulcanizing cement would work just as well as anything. Yes. They make some pretty large patches.

Of coarse you'll have to drain it, clean/prep the area just like a typical tire repair.

Have a tire waterer that has a crack that is leaking on top of tire waterer. How can this be repaired?
I used urethane like they put windshields in with to repair some leaks on my tire tanks, most auto parts stores will carry it. It's not as cheap as silicone but will last forever, and if you keep it in the refrigerator it won't go bad. Make sure and wear rubber gloves because it's he-- to get off of you. I drained the tank then cleaned the spot that was leaking good with paint thinner, let dry good then applied the urethane.

or, since there is no pressure on it anyway, Go down to a hardware store or even Walmart and buy 2 part pool/spa repair epoxy/putty. Non-toxic. You won't even have to drain it as it sets up under water. Way cheaper than FlexSeal.
I've used it in lots of places and it has never let me down, tho I haven't tried it in things like gasoline or diesel tanks.

Smart man. I've tried to talk my wife into a fridge at the shop, but she remembers the kegerator I had when we got married and says it's a hard NO!
😂it's a mini fridge and we do keep some " cold ones" in there as well, my wife partakes of the beverages as well so she don't mind the fridge in the shop.

I think you got your fix, but I would like a picture. On top of the waterer? Not quite getting the picture. I'm picturing the side wall on top of the tire waterer that I usually see removed with a sawz-all or chain saw or circular saw.

Latest posts