Tire Dry Rot ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Have a tandem trailer that sits outside. Tires on the sunny side are checked and now need air every couple months.

Any tips on longer lasting tires styles and brands?
Have you had success with additional plies vs. adding tubes?

Stocker Steve":369xspic said:
Have a tandem trailer that sits outside. Tires on the sunny side are checked and now need air every couple months.

the biggest reason you see trailer tire blow out is from setting.. Not just the dry rot but, flat spots from setting cords coming apart separation, from setting, heat,, and the sharp turns that are heck on the sidewalls...

ALACOWMAN":2u2c2dag said:
Stocker Steve":2u2c2dag said:

the biggest reason you see trailer tire blow out is from setting.. Not just the dry rot but, flat spots from setting cords coming apart separation, from setting, heat,, and the sharp turns that are heck on the sidewalls...

Yes doesn't hurt to put on jack stands

The newer tires are even worse.....as they are built to be bio-friendly and fall apart fast. I have several wagons with 15" tires that I don't use too often. Keeping tires on them is almost more than they are worth and unlike the old tires on them that lasted maybe 15 years the ones I put on them now will fall a part probably in 5 years.

i spray all my tires down with a UV tire spray. I use Jax Wax products. "super blue" .. works good

Talked to a guy recently who worked for a tire shop. He said when a load came in they spray them down with kerosene Especially tires that weren't going to ,move quickly. I thought that was interesting but he also seemed like he was also one of those guys who Trump should put in a think tank. He seemed like he knew everything and being wasted working at Wal-mart.

ALACOWMAN":g0jbe033 said:
The tires on my flat bed gooseneck maybe older than some of you..I've put gorilla snot in them,and keep max air pressure...
Where did you buy a Gorilla at?

just a joke but what is Gorilla snot

BRYANT":2008ilgk said:
ALACOWMAN":2008ilgk said:
The tires on my flat bed gooseneck maybe older than some of you..I've put gorilla snot in them,and keep max air pressure...
Where did you buy a Gorilla at?

just a joke but what is Gorilla snot
common term for sealant, such as Slime..

Latest posts