Tips for dealing with weeds in the garden?

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":39tldijr said:
skyhightree1":39tldijr said:
ga.prime":39tldijr said:
That was kind of random and hard to follow, 007. Is that poetry? Alternate to your plan- roto-till weeds, hoe weeds, pull weeds by hand.

I thought so too.. then shrugged it off as to 007 was smoking some weed when posted that.
:lol2: I'd love to see a pic of 007's garden. Here's a pic of part of my garden from back in June using my weed management plan.

Garden looks good ga.prime

That's a garden ga.prime!!! By the way, corn gluten "meal" is used for weed control. Allows germination of seed but prevents formation of roots, does not harm plants that already have roots. Depending on rain/water the gluten lasts for about 3 months. the "feed" version works just takes more. It didn't rain enough here this year to worry about weeds LOL.
Blessings
Valerie

Poast is a selective straight leaf postemerge herbicide that can be applied onto vegetables except for corn. If you want preemerge, look at Montery Vegetable and Ornamental Weeder. Preemerge will prevent seeds from germinating, but is labelled for vegetables and ornamentals. Tomatoes need transplant and not seed, but is the only vegetable that needs transplanting.

Poast needs crop oil or spreader sticker and is slow to work. Don't expect to see results
Until 2-3 weeks after application. Much longer than glyphosate (roundup) which is generally 2-3 days to see results.

If you have a smaller garden either bagging or raking up lawn clippings to use at mulch works great. I do that for mine and only weeding I have to do is near the plants where I don't mulch right up against the plant. I add more clipping to it during the summer as they will start composting down some on its own then in the fall till it into the garden soil with any other compost I have from my compost pile and it makes for some really nice soil that plants grow well in after it composts down more once you work it into the soil.

I cut open a paper feed sack, lay it flat, cut a hole for tomato or pepper plant in the middle. Works great and tills in at end of season. My cages anchor the sack.

Latest posts