Times have changed

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Man times have changed today is my daughters birthday and they brought my daughters cake home and it hit me times have really changed since my bday cakes lol

imagejpeg952_12.jpg

I know,I seen a fella the other day and when we got it figured out the last time we saw each other it was 20 years ago.Life really is short.

Cake makes me think of my great gma making my bday cake in the kitchen with yellow cake and chocolate icing. I miss those times.

Ha, now yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my B.D. cake. My son's is red velvet, and my daughters is cholocate delight.
The wife she gets to make whatever she wants for hers.

My birthday is in the summer. I like angel food cake piled high with fresh raspberries.

Speaking of time flying, I am wondering when the last time was that someone made me a birthday cake...... I see that I need to work on that.

Dave":giug58jg said:
My birthday is in the summer. I like angel food cake piled high with fresh raspberries.

Speaking of time flying, I am wondering when the last time was that someone made me a birthday cake...... I see that I need to work on that.
Im sure my ex's would love to make me a cake.. only problem they'ed try and feed it to me all at once....

Dave":2wnj4xju said:

I have a sister in law that makes everybody in the family a cake for their birthday. It is one of those little things that makes you feel loved!

skyhigh that's a pretty cake. But I agree, nothing like the one's Mom used to make. She used to make a home made yellow with her famous fudge frosting. My favorites are chocolate with white icing and red velvet.

Katherine

Workinonit you got that right... I just ate some of that cake it was ok but not the best kids loved it. I miss that strong sauers lemon flavoring smell.

highgrit":2hy5j1bo said:
Ha, now yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my B.D. cake. My son's is red velvet, and my daughters is cholocate delight.
The wife she gets to make whatever she wants for hers.

She probably tries to bake something for herself that everybody likes. A womans heart is so bent toward the care of her family that kind of thing just comes natural to her.

Larry

Latest posts