Tilt bed deck over trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a trailer like this?

I really need a trailer without a dovetail to access a few hay fields to haul hay out of them. Would like a multi purpose trailer. I might move a 70 hp tractor at the most. I thought about one of these in a gooseneck, know nothing about this brand. Any suggestions?

I looked hard at those before I bought mine with a hydraulic dovetail. Looks good but was a little leery of pulling that much weight up in the air then lowering it on hydraulics. I know wreckers do it all the time but seemed like alot on gooseneck hitch if you had any slope where you load. Would a hydraulic dovetail work? Mine sits pretty high, and I am pretty sure the bumper bar part of it floats but I would have to look close and verify that.

Overall length is a issue where I have to take the trailer. 20 feet will be my limit. Outside of what I spend on a trailer. Not finding much used in size I need. One I did find is 5 years old and asking almost what a new one goes for.

Doesn't answer your question Tom. Sorry. I've switched to wagons for hay. Cheap compared to a trailer. I can pull two wagons hooked together with 22 rolls, and turn in where I couldn't get a 24' trailer to go. Not much use for a wagon outside of hay hauling though. Certainly won't carry a 70 horse tractor. Place here in town rents a tandem axle trailer at $80 for the weekend. I don't haul a tractor often enough to justify having one, when I can rent it. Might be something you think about. Lots of tongue wagons out there for sale with tobacco cuts.

Any thoughts on a trailer like this?

I really need a trailer without a dovetail to access a few hay fields to haul hay out of them. Would like a multi purpose trailer. I might move a 70 hp tractor at the most. I thought about one of these in a gooseneck, know nothing about this brand. Any suggestions?
I've had a couple Pjs trailers and liked them, 1 dump and a flatbed deckover (without tilt).

Have a 22' tilt deck Load Max it is quite a bit heavier than a comparable PJ. I can't really get a 2wd tractor or skid steer up on the deck without some rubber traction matts. Unloading bales is pretty easy just tilt and drive.. As far as weight on it and lowering thats no biggy the trailer is designed for it, I've had my 13k lbs skid steer on it plenty and tilted it up and down no problem.48861.jpeg48672.jpeg

What about a gooseneck with a 20' flat deck and slide in ramps? I picked up a 16+4 g/n this past summer from a buddy and it's handy as can be for small jobs. Another buddy borrowed it and I haven't seen it for a month or two now.....

Doesn't answer your question Tom. Sorry. I've switched to wagons for hay. Cheap compared to a trailer. I can pull two wagons hooked together with 22 rolls, and turn in where I couldn't get a 24' trailer to go. Not much use for a wagon outside of hay hauling though. Certainly won't carry a 70 horse tractor. Place here in town rents a tandem axle trailer at $80 for the weekend. I don't haul a tractor often enough to justify having one, when I can rent it. Might be something you think about. Lots of tongue wagons out there for sale with tobacco cuts.
I would mind a wagon on the farm but want something with brakes on it for road use. I do some hay off the farm and have to haul it home. Got some hills I would really hate to be on without trailer brakes and don't want to be that hard on the truck. The occasional fertilizer buggy is bad enough.

Have a 22' tilt deck Load Max it is quite a bit heavier than a comparable PJ. I can't really get a 2wd tractor or skid steer up on the deck without some rubber traction matts. Unloading bales is pretty easy just tilt and drive.. As far as weight on it and lowering thats no biggy the trailer is designed for it, I've had my 13k lbs skid steer on it plenty and tilted it up and down no problem.View attachment 859View attachment 860
Are you able to load very far back on the trailer? Looks like the axles on tilt trailer sit forward soeme.

It will tilt down with that 13k lbs skid steer right on the back of the deck.
Curious if you ever hauled any gravel on one? Thought crossed my mind that could be another use for it when you just need a few tons of gravel. Wonder if you could kinda of drag it odd the trailer with the loader bucket.

Haven't hauled gravel or dirt but I suppose you could haul a little. If you put it on something smooth like a tarp or plastic sheet it would probably slide off. I've hauled lots of big rock off the farm and dumped them along the beach with mixed results. Some boulders will slide right off, other hold on for deal life even at max angle.48699.jpeg
48705.jpeg

Latest posts