TiGerstripe cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepbystep

Reaction score
I see mentioned in many conversation, tigers tripe cattle but can't find what they are. I figure soe type of cross but can some please share what they are?

Thanks

Thanks

Just saw another new item. On the cattle range website so calves for sale at 148.00 and .05 Per cwt?

Can someone share to this newbie what this means?

Thanks

cwt = hundred weight. 148 dollars per hundred weight. so a calf weighing 500lbs would be $148/100lbs x 500lbs = 1.48x500 = $740.

Caustic Burno":2vu2243k said:
I let some mighty fine Tiger girls go through the sale barn Sat. The girls were heavies and middle aged.
Was that at Livingston cb? Ive been to several sales in the last few months looking for some good cows for a buddy . I almost went to Livingston last weekend . That's just my luck . I talked my self out of going . Most everything I've seen sale is junk .

Caustic Burno":xl8rtqnr said:
I let some mighty fine Tiger girls go through the sale barn Sat. The girls were heavies and middle aged.
with all this rain we are getting now,why did you let them tiger girls go.i figured you would start restocking.

JSCATTLE":3swmfj8s said:
Caustic Burno":3swmfj8s said:
Was that at Livingston cb? Ive been to several sales in the last few months looking for some good cows for a buddy . I almost went to Livingston last weekend . That's just my luck . I talked my self out of going . Most everything I've seen sale is junk .

Yes it was Livingston the only reason I let them go was I had to have a procedure Tuesday at St E's to remove a bone spur.
I was going to pull the trigger told myself it would be just my luck that I would have some kinda of problem, and I didn't need any new cow's.
Bunch of Char and Brangus girls came through that needed groceries.
Nobody bidding everyone is short of hay.

are tigerstripe always a hereford brahma X? i have one thats 9 yrs old and raises a dandy calf every year but we have never had any that look brahma influenced.

we got 1 old tiger cow.an she does raise some nice calves.but get her in the steel corral an shut the gate.look out because she starts running around the corral looking for a way out.weve run her through the squeeze a time or 2 to get her out in the pasture fast.

You can get Tigerstriped cattle from Herefords crosses to cattle other than brahma but mostly when they are refered to as Tigerstripe it is a brahma cross. I think that is especially true in the south where they have more eared cattle. I have two striped hereford cross cows that don't look to have a bit of brahma in them. But they are both from that famous line of cattle; out of saleyard by truck, so I have no idea of their genetics. But as heavy haired and short eared as they are I know it ain't brahma.

ours was bought as a 400# sale barn calf too and she is the most layed back cow we have. she is slick as a whistle in spring/summer, she doesnt have the big ears, she has a really long body good bag good teats i wish i had a bunch more just like her.

"tigerstripe" usually refers to a brahmanxhereford f-1 but as others mentioned brindles can result from other crosses.

i call them F1's The Brahma bull hereford cow cross will always probuce the distnctive patched eyes in the cross. A hereford bull and brahma cow cross will a lot of times have the complete white face of a hereford. I have examoles of both in my herd. Either cross can produce a brindel or so called tiger stripe calf, They are really good cows with excellent mothering instincts and fairly easy birthing. Breed those with another breed like angus or charlais and buddy you will have some good calves.

Latest posts