Tiger stripes

Help Support CattleToday:

I bought two tiger stripe herefords about 3 years ago. about the only problem with them is pinkeye, but since i started a vaccination program that's history. so far they each have had two calves unassisted. they are very good mama cows with plenty of milk. One, in fact, is so good she's nursing a new calf and a yearling that i never got weaned. Plenty of milk! They've always bred back within 60 days. i have a red angus bull we've been using on them and one of them produces calves that definately show the brahman heretage more than the other. Pretty foolproof cows! one more thing, the winters here in oklahoma don't even come close to bothering them or the calves.

We bought abt a dozen first calvers several yrs ago-they were the best mamas on the place- we only had to cull one or two for temperment. Hated to see the last one go.

bi
alacattleman":1xomnved said:
the steers took a big hit here
Why because they had alot of ear on them???? But if you bred her to a Charolais then i recon that calf would be huge..But what color would that be... Or an angus and you may get on that kinda looks like a brangus.

she doesnt want an f-1 factory ala she wants to breed f-1s to a black or char bull.dixie dont just build a good fence and turn them out like u have no sense about cattle like some others on here.i dont care what breed u have .u dont just buy them and turn them out.thats the first mistake u smart cattlemen make the cattle r smarter than u r.now u get them used to where u feed and 1 will become lead cow the rest will settle to.u will not regret having tigers with a char or black bull dixie you r exactly right.pm me if u r wanting some heifers. the best cows with the best bull of your choice =the best of both worlds

Well bishop and ala i really dont know what i want to do i would like to either have a brahman bred to a herford because brahman are pretty cheap around here. Or a f1.....The ones i have seen milk like champs in fact i saw two go throgh the sale one day that were pretty frisky put boy o boy did they have a bag on them i would have loved to have them both but the man said they are just frisky when they are put in small spaces...BTW they went for .50 a pound

ala she is listening to what u r saying and thinking i dont want no part of what ala is saying.when u r talking about 2 different things.dixie the calves wont have big ears. the calves will resemble the black bull in your logo name thing with a mottle to baldface. a char will be grey to yellow or orange with solid to baldie mottleface .the longivity of years on the cows and size of calves outways any docking ala talks about that i dont see.thats my opinion.

ala im capable of anything im capable of apolojizing to u and dixie.just because something didnt work out for u ala does not mean it wont work for dixie.theres more hot days then there r cold days.why not try tigers.ok dixie u have 2 different ideas ur topic is tigers .ur post was about brahman heifer bred to a hereford after she calves then what.if u buy a tiger heifer u passed up alot of years.and dont have to worry about the bull.i do apolojize ala im capable to not come back with a smart...remark

Latest posts