Throwing off my early calving!

Help Support CattleToday:

coxy

Reaction score
Here maybe to vent more then anything but I bought two bulls ( I only run 60 cows) middle of March and want the bulls for April 1st so I can swear yell and freeze, calving in -30 January weather but still hasn't got the bulls semen tested to deliver them. I've called him raised my frustrations with him but promises them this week. Thursday and still waiting.

I've had cows cyclcing left right and center since the 1st and have to wait till they cycle again to have these bunch of cows bred.
Would it bother most of u guys or is it me?

If you've already paid for them you have every right to expect delivery on the agreed date along with the BSE results.

I would be seriously stirred up and would be racing hobb with him every day, would also be looking for other bulls just in case

Oh I agree I just think he wants to semen test most of his bulls out of his yard in one shot. Which I understand people are busy and doesn't want to to do a few one day and deliver them and a few more another day and so forth but I live 20 min away from him, get them semen tested and I can pick them up.

What do u mean BSE results?

coxy":32niogai said:
Oh I agree I just think he wants to semen test most of his bulls out of his yard in one shot. Which I understand people are busy and doesn't want to to do a few one day and deliver them and a few more another day and so forth but I live 20 min away from him, get them semen tested and I can pick them up.

Results of the BSE (Breeding Soundness Exam), semen, extension, scrotal, etc.

Hey thanks Dun thats it!

I was gonna get the semen results from him, heard too many stories about breeders this year.

My neighbour bought a $7000 bull from a guy said was semen tested on Monday and delivered on Monday. A few days later one of his heifers was needing a C-section and he was bragging about this fancy bull to the vet and where he got it from, she asked what the tag # he told her and said she semen tested him on monday and failed miserabley, he told the breeder and said she wasn't much of a vet and got another vet to test him and failed again, needless to say he wanted his money back and the breeder was pissed at him.

coxy":um4al378 said:

understandable but if ya already paid for them i would expect them upon agreed date. from the people i see raising bulls pleasing their customers is very important and they would have the ones tested and sent already even if wasnt as convienent as waiting.

Yeah Lon ur right and will be the last set of red angus bulls i get from him.

Switching to black next time around.

coxy":fsnn1wgi said:
Yeah Lon ur right and will be the last set of red angus bulls i get from him.

Switching to black next time around.

I can fix you up with some good Red Poll bulls......no need to go black just because of one bad red Angus breeder. :D

Well looks like today is the day the bulls are coming to the ranch. One bull failed his semen test and he is taking a bull another customer bought that doesn't breed till later and giving me the bull. Sounds good to me, get them over to me but the other customer might not sound so happy his bull he picked out aint his no more.

coxy":3mz5mczl said:
Well looks like today is the day the bulls are coming to the ranch. One bull failed his semen test and he is taking a bull another customer bought that doesn't breed till later and giving me the bull. Sounds good to me, get them over to me but the other customer might not sound so happy his bull he picked out aint his no more.
#1 you need a new bull supplier. If he is willing to screw another customer he will domthe same to you in the future.

#2 I always take to bulls in for their test myself, and have it charged to the bull supplier. That way I know for sure.

Isomade":25hgb34v said:
coxy":25hgb34v said:
#1 you need a new bull supplier. If he is willing to screw another customer he will domthe same to you in the future.

#2 I always take to bulls in for their test myself, and have it charged to the bull supplier. That way I know for sure.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Run fast and Hard dump this guy, before he even thought of selling the Bulls they should have been tested. I never even considered a Bull in a Sale untill I had him tested. For the one that were bought out on the farm, I offered to test or money back garantee. When you pay they should be ready for delivery. Get a new Supplier or go with a bull for the many Bull test around. Period

If it was agreed that you'd get the bull on Apr 1st, You'd be right to be peeved about not having it by then... That's the way it is with anything you buy.

Hello all!! Just an update with those bulls I got late, one was gay and never bred anything and the other which bred all of my cows broke his dink at the neighbours. Needless to say they are both bologne and I would normally have 35-40 calves on the ground before january is over I only have a dozen. Nice calves and almost too big for my comfort. Cheers !!!!!!

Latest posts