Three point hitch question

Help Support CattleToday:

SDM

Reaction score
The three point hitch on an old Ford I have won't maintain height when the tractors running. It slowly gets lower. It will stay up if you lift it all the way. When it's all the way up it it'll jump every 5 seconds or so. Could this be something simple to fix or is it more involved? Thanks

Watching......... (my 3600 Ford is beginning to do the same thing, but it does do a little better if the draft lever is used)

Mine is almost the exact same symptoms. It seems after I fool with it long enough it will stay put for 20 acres or so but sometimes it randomly goes up also.

Does yours also seem like it's very sensitive when trying to set height? Mine will go all the way up and down in just a inch or two of lever movement.

CaddoFarms":3jw7sh36 said:
Mine is almost the exact same symptoms. It seems after I fool with it long enough it will stay put for 20 acres or so but sometimes it randomly goes up also.

Does yours also seem like it's very sensitive when trying to set height? Mine will go all the way up and down in just a inch or two of lever movement.

It's very sensitive. It's a bit of a headache.

same here, and I don't think it's the piston seals. Piston seal leaks makes the 3 pt weak, slow to come up at idle, necessary to raise the idle to get the arms to come up, and not able to lift heavy loads. Mine will lift 5x6 rounds on a set of 4' long forks, comes right up at idle, but just doesn't stay in place.
I thin it's something related to the linkage inside, pressure relief valve, or the control arm lever itself.
Have noticed I now have to raise the lever farther up than I used to. I can also hear what sounds like the relief valve below/to the right of the seat making a strange buzzing noise.

Latest posts