Thoughts...

Help Support CattleToday:

Is she registered? Calf likely not included but if it is, heifer or bull? Can she be hand milked? Willingly take on calves not hers? All four quarters look functional right? I think it seems kinda high for a 6 year old cow... that old they tend to have higher s.cell count that is not good for human consumption.

Ope!
From the ad....
My plan was strictly to feed bought bottle babies. Shes 2 and half times the price I gave for my last one. Wonder if shes 2 and half times the cow... lol

Jersey cow for sale. Very gentle, great with kids and halter broke. All four teats are good. Has been hand milked and also on machine.

Would be great fanily milk cow or could be used as nurse cow. Currently giving @ 5 gallons/day.

DOB: 9/10/2015
Calved: 5/25/2021

Registered with American Jersey Cattle Assn. She can be transferred for additional fee.

Last edited:
I don't know your values there but she has a lot of years ahead of her and looks like she will do the job you want so I would be prepared to pay a premium for her.

Ken

I don't know your values there but she has a lot of years ahead of her and looks like she will do the job you want so I would be prepared to pay a premium for her.

Ken
I didn't read things properly, just saw you say something about 2 and 1/2 and assumed that was years.

Ken

I saw one go through the sale ring like that and the guy got down and milked her as she went through. As the milk starting coming the price went up, but not to that. BR IMO has it nailed, but the Amish around here like those.

I paid $1400 for a 4 year old Brown Swiss, that's dog gentle Registered and bred to calve this month. But brown Swiss aren't fully grown until they are 5 or 6 can't remember which?. I paid $750 for a bred 3 year old jersey, private party. $1200 seems high for that one.

Theres a member of ct has a bred jersey heifer advertised for 1200 on another site. Halter broke. Show animal.
I just got a hard time swallerin 1200 for a jersey I guess.