thoughts on Simmental bull

Help Support CattleToday:

A lot to like about this bull. Good muscular, masculine bull..! I like his legs too. If I had to pick a negative point, it would be the loose leather up front and up through the throat latch. I like like your bull a lot!! What is his breeding? Do you have the scrotal numbers from his BSE?

Gators Rule said:
A lot to like about this bull. Good muscular, masculine bull..! I like his legs too. If I had to pick a negative point, it would be the loose leather up front and up through the throat latch. I like like your bull a lot!! What is his breeding? Do you have the scrotal numbers from his BSE?
Somewhere in the mess in the office yeah :roll: they were quite average, I think the semen test was around 85%. Tell me about loose leather, can it be a problem?

Backbone Ranch said:
That is an awesome looking bull. I hope that he does well for you.

Thank you!! Really hoping he's getting our cows bred! He's with most of our favourite cows.

JCcattle said:
Gators Rule said:
Somewhere in the mess in the office yeah :roll: they were quite average, I think the semen test was around 85%. Tell me about loose leather, can it be a problem?
Extra skin is good for heat dissipation.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Massive meat maker.
Assuming he was purchased out of a sale by the picture. What sale? What is his pedigree?

You're right! Maple Lake Stock Farm. His sire is Wheatland High Voltage. Our other high voltage bull (6years old) is very pleasing with easy calving, lively and fast growing calves. Hopefully this guy does the same as high voltage is know for calving ease!

Coosh71 said:
Agreed. Nice looking thick dude. What's his age?
He is 16 months. You may have seen my other thread where we were scared he wasn't breeding the cows but now it looks like he knows what he's doing quite well! Whew.

lithuanian farmer said:
He's a very nice looking bull! Show his calves when there will be some born.
Thanks, I'll try to remember! Looking forward to them! He's with black Angus and Simm cross cows..

I am not familiar with High Voltage, but definitely know Wheatland bulls in the past. Great program.

Do they have bulls in your area? We've been buying bulls from their breeding for 8 years now. Bought the first one and never looked back. Definitely have been improving our females that we keep back too!

snoopdog said:
I like him, alot

Thanks! It's very encouraging to hear experienced cattle people say he looks good! He's the first one DH has gone out and bought on his own judgement, and he has only known cattle for 4 years!

JCcattle said:
I am not familiar with High Voltage, but definitely know Wheatland bulls in the past. Great program.

Do they have bulls in your area? We've been buying bulls from their breeding for 8 years now. Bought the first one and never looked back. Definitely have been improving our females that we keep back too!
No. I have used their bulls through AI. I have never purchased a "real" bull, :D

Latest posts