DSC00161.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00137.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":20d1v317 said:
I agree numbers arent the big picture but they are a tool in helping select a bull. Granted a bull can have the best epds in the world yet his offspring are crap. Just curious on the epds is all. Oh I forgot yall watusi raisers dont have epds. Least every registered longhorn Ive ever seen when you go to click on em it says nothing about epd's or what have you. Not that its all bad just a little weird is all.

That's cuz most longhorn breeders are producing ornaments and pets.

I know epds are a helpful tool I was just really interested in seeing some of his calves, if he's got any on the ground slb714 could ya post em?

Again, not that I know a dang thing about conformation, but when I saw the first pic, the first thing that came to mind was "athlete." He looks like a well trained, finely honed athlete. :nod: I think he's beautiful...does beautiful and bull go together? :|

Alice

Alice":3c9gc9hm said:
Again, not that I know a dang thing about conformation, but when I saw the first pic, the first thing that came to mind was "athlete." He looks like a well trained, finely honed athlete. :nod: I think he's beautiful...does beautiful and bull go together? :|

Alice
I scrolled back up and i still must be missing it where do you get beautiful

ALACOWMAN":qi42vf04 said:
Alice":qi42vf04 said:

Alice
I scrolled back up and i still must be missing it where do you get beautiful

Must be a "girl" thing... :?

Alice

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":32a2mkps said:
Oh I forgot yall watusi raisers dont have epds. Least every registered longhorn Ive ever seen when you go to click on em it says nothing about epd's or what have you. Not that its all bad just a little weird is all.

We don't need epd's like calving ease because the Longhorn breed in general is considered a "calving ease" breed. Now some of the others, such as weaning weight, yearling weight and such could be helpful in some situations.

Looks to me like there's a little more than just Angus in him. If he's straight Angus, I'd bite my tongue on calling him good - he's ok. If he's got some Brammer in him, that explains the droopy rear and higher flank and such.

He has good depth, length, and his top line is good. He could use a little more muscle in his rear. I bet he will make some good black baldies.

He looks like he should work. Sound structure with some muscle. Probably too young to have progeny on the ground--that why everyone but cavemen use EPD's. :lol:

bullpeddler":1tsqf72a said:
that why everyone but cavemen use EPD's. :lol:

Better watch it. The cavemen from thr geico commercial may come calling.

dun

Droopy Ear??!! Must have missed that part. I look him ok, just like to see a more bone, a little straighter hooks to pins, and a more depth in the rear flank. He should do well on the cows I can see in the background.

purecountry":nwl356yv said:
Looks to me like there's a little more than just Angus in him. If he's straight Angus, I'd bite my tongue on calling him good - he's ok. If he's got some Brammer in him, that explains the droopy rear and higher flank and such.
Maybe Angus plus. When I first looked at him I thought he looked like a real clean Brangus. I think he is all Angus though, the ears look more Angus.

There is know Brangus in that bull. He is a good looking bull. How old is he? Is he out of a AI bull? What does his EPD's look like? Unless you have seen calfs from him (looking at him I don't think so) looks young. Until then EPD's are the best thing to go on..

Latest posts