This years heifers and our 3 yr old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
The last couple years have been tough in a lot of ways both from weather and personal in terms of family illness. The last year was especially difficult and now with the loss of my mother, for the first time in my life it's hard to find joy in the cattle because she has always been such a part of the farm inner workings,
Took these pictures after filling mineral feeders today. Not the best picture taker and had the dog with me too.

Ky hills said:
The last couple years have been tough in a lot of ways both from weather and personal in terms of family illness. The last year was especially difficult and now with the loss of my mother, for the first time in my life it's hard to find joy in the cattle because she has always been such a part of the farm inner workings,
Took these pictures after filling mineral feeders today. Not the best picture taker and had the dog with me too.

See Y'all have the buttercup from he!! Too..

Bill you have a lot to be thankful for, I hope you find peace and happiness. It has been a joy to get know you and your wife.

Did you keep one of the puppies you had last fall?

Davemk said:
Bill you have a lot to be thankful for, I hope you find peace and happiness. It has been a joy to get know you and your wife.

Did you keep one of the puppies you had last fall?

Thank you Davemk, we can say the same of y'all, it's a great joy getting to know y'all as well. I feel certain that with time I will find a happiness again with our cattle, when a new normal sets in.
We must be crazy we actually kept two of the pups. Here is a picture of one of them and their mother. The other one Brownie got likes to play in water and got an impromptu bath from being in some muddy water.