This Morning

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures from this morning.

It was a sparkly kind of day. And nice out too. Temps are sitting right around freezing the last few days. -10C overnight and up above 0C during the day.
xy_DSC01397.jpg

For the next few days, hubby gets to do the chores. I'm only allowed to watch, since I had a minor surgery on Wednesday. It's a rather dirty job on the days when the fork must be used.
xy_DSC01398.jpg

But even tho' I can't help, it doesn't stop Kit...
xy_DSC01400.jpg

The girls were rather spread out this morning. Must be enjoying the nice weather. I thought it was a pretty nice picture the way the sun back lit them. I'm not sure which is my favorite shot....
xy_DSC01403.jpg

xy_DSC01404.jpg

xy_DSC01405.jpg

xy_DSC01412.jpg

xy_DSC01413.jpg

xy_DSC01416.jpg

xy_DSC01419.jpg

Those are great pic's. You have some extra round cows there. LOL But that's to cold for me. We are having rain and 41 here today. And we cry about that weather. Sad huh!!!! I worried about the chickens last night. I should have put up the tarp around their coop. I can't wait to go feed them this moring. I'm thinking about doing it then. So it gives them more warmth for tonight. By Sunday we are going to be in the 30's.

Thank you all!!

Temps around freezing are GREAT for this time of year, especially when we just came off a spell of -20 to -30 C with windchills taking us down below -40 C. That and the fact that we have another 2-3 months of cold stuff ahead of us :lol2:

Mare, my chickens are in an unheated coop, with just plastic over the windows. During the real cold weather, I added a couple heat lamps for them to bring the temps up a bit. But the cats steal all that warmth. They get warm water to drink too.

Latest posts