This made me laugh...

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":35bwggbg said:
RanchMan90":35bwggbg said:
http://www.beefmagazine.com/blog/what-s-value-bred-beef-heifer-2015 A reminisce to the days of gold.

He certainly had a rosy outlook didn't he? I'm sorry he missed the mark so badly.
I'm just glad I'm not married to any of those $3000 heifers :D On the positive side today's prices give a young man the opportunity to get a foot in the door on a future in the cattle business. At the time that article printed I was working 3 salebarns trying to calculate how to make it work. The best thing I learned was to get a real job.

You have to wade through the BS to find the truth. He was right in his trends. Problem is he go so caught up in marketing/financial mumbo-jumbo, like many seem to do, that he lost sense of reality. He actually believed that someone is going to buy a heifer based, almost entirely, on the hypothetical profit she is going to produce in a hypothetical lifetime. Now that is a special kind of stupid. But, there were a lot of people that believed that. I know of a number of people who spent that and more on nothing but hopes and dreams.

Right at the end of the drought years, when prices were coming up in a big way and people were asking "How long will this go on for", I said "I had a dream where there were 7 fat cows followed by 7 thin cows"... well.. there were only 2 fat cows

Nesikep":1afsapj7 said:
Right at the end of the drought years, when prices were coming up in a big way and people were asking "How long will this go on for", I said "I had a dream where there were 7 fat cows followed by 7 thin cows"... well.. there were only 2 fat cows
Well said :clap:

Latest posts