Third bunch

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Today we worked heifer and second calf pairs. Sorted in two drafts, pulled calves and sorted cows for age as the go two separate ways for grass. Cows were vaxxed and on hay by lunch time. Started on calves a 2 pm and we were packing up at 5:45 with 235 branded.

Wish we could post videos….IMG_2535.jpegIMG_2532.jpegIMG_2529.jpegIMG_2527.jpegIMG_2525.jpegIMG_2524.jpegIMG_2522.jpegIMG_2517.jpegIMG_2521.jpeg

Actually getting a shower tonight. We are nearly Texas dry at present.
That's confusing so which is it? Wet and blowing away or just plain dry and windy? :unsure: I know you had one picture that dust choked us down but that was just a picture. :D

Heat index is 109 here tomorrow. I need a summer home up yalls way... but the poor people version... will work for food and housing. 🤣
109! Now way. It was 32 with a very light frost at 5:30 this morning. Warmed up to shirt sleeve weather when we worked the calves around 10:00. Now at 5:15 pm it is about 50 degrees with light rain. 109 in May I wouldn't be looking for a summer home. I would have already moved.

That's confusing so which is it? Wet and blowing away or just plain dry and windy? :unsure: I know you had one picture that dust choked us down but that was just a picture. :D
The is dust in some spots in the swamps too.

You do a better job at taking pictures than I did. Branded 57 head this morning, and I didn't take one picture. I'm heavier on heifer calves this year. We cooked up a bunch of food, and only had two show up. It looks like I am going to be eating sloppy joes for awhile. At least it is done.
That's not a bad thing.

That's not a bad thing.
You must have a better crew than I did. You did more than I did in about the same amount of time. Of course we started out with only two people, Will and myself. After we did a few a high school kid did show up to help us. Dad did come out, but he didn't really do anything, just watched. He did fall once, fortunately he didn't get hurt. He just has to be in the mix. I used some muscles I had not used in awhile, just a bit stiff. One of those hydraulic calf tables is looking really good right now.

Latest posts