Things Are Fixin' To Get A Little Rougher!

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Nobody hates having to raise prices a Nickel than I do. We have had three brands of Dog Food go up at least a 1.25 a 50# bag this week.Why you may ask?

Lame excuses but here we go:

Chicken Fat (Dammed Ethanol)

Bone Meal

Corn (Dammed Ethanol)

We try and look out for #1, our CUSTOMERS at all times. Seems that no one is looking out for any of US anymore.Being in business for yourself sure aint what some think it's cracked up to be. Gas goes up and everyone complains. Feed goes up, and you dang near need a Kevlar Vest.

Where's it all going to end??? :mad:

I'm tired of it also. Paying more getting less. Have you seen the sizes of cereal boxes now? I won't buy them.

Companies making things crappy so the things won't last long so you have to buy replacements often. I wouldn't mind paying more if it would last longer but there is no such animal.

Cars are made better now days but look at the prices we have to pay.

We don't even know where our food comes from and what is really in it. Cheap materials and labor elsewhere.

The super rich are getting richer.

But we keep voting them back into office. ted kennedy comes to mind.

Walt

Max Baucus comes to mind also. Nothing nice to say here.

Paying for groceries is a nightmare. Went from $300.00 a month to $500.00 a month. Had to rebudget everything.

Crowderfarms":3ht944wz said:
Nobody hates having to raise prices a Nickel than I do. We have had three brands of Dog Food go up at least a 1.25 a 50# bag this week.Why you may ask?

Lame excuses but here we go:

Chicken Fat (Dammed Ethanol)

Bone Meal

Corn (Dammed Ethanol)

We try and look out for #1, our CUSTOMERS at all times. Seems that no one is looking out for any of US anymore.Being in business for yourself sure aint what some think it's cracked up to be. Gas goes up and everyone complains. Feed goes up, and you dang near need a Kevlar Vest.

Where's it all going to end??? :mad:

I'm not sure it will ever end. I mean the gas prices I do not think will ever go down to what they were. Corn prices, this ethanol thing will keep our grain prices high (no fair) even if it is justified or not.
Hay prices are effected by the fuel prices,and greed, will normal hay ever be $20 a bale again, I'm not sure
The only bright note now is that milk prices are up, and that sure will help!

GMN

It ain't got no end. Ask anybody what raised hogs as a livin 20 or so yrs ago. 20-40 brood sows used ta pay a pretty good wage around here. Then coorporate farms started runnin several thousand sows and the little guy was sunk. Like Belshazzar, ya got ta see tha hand a writin on tha wall. Soon there won't be any livin ta be made on cattle. Expenses are already destroyin profit at a frightenin rate.

GMN, high milk prices aren't helping on the home front. My crew is probably some of your best customers going through nearly a gallon a day. (I think a pocket knife for Christmas is in order ;-) )

Jogeephus":1hvla4c3 said:
GMN, high milk prices aren't helping on the home front. My crew is probably some of your best customers going through nearly a gallon a day. (I think a pocket knife for Christmas is in order ;-) )

:) :)

Txwalt":3go8dqt3 said:
But we keep voting them back into office. ted kennedy comes to mind.

Walt

Kennedy's? Which family empire is currently in office? And their business is, oh yeah, oil. At least Kennedy's were just rum runners. ;-)

Crowder,

This is where things get serious! Dead serious. No jokes or puns.

I appreciate the heck out of all Maw and Paw business operators such as yourself. They really seem to have become a dying breed.

If I buy something from a chain operator, the clerk behind the counter doesn't give a flip if I am satisfied or ever come back.

When we stop and buy fuel, that ole boy is glad to see us and is looking forward to me stopping in the next time. In the old days, every time you stopped and bought anything it was like that. Merchants glad to see patrons.

I understand chicken fat and corn, but why is bone meal higher?
We are in for a round of inflation unless we get more efficient. Don't I sound like an economist?
If ethanol eventually lets us not care about the middle east, it will be worth every nickel. If it doesn't, I favor aging the stuff in oak barrels.

Happily, we have mom and pop stores in our little town of 1,600 souls. Everbody knows everybody, even in the neighboring towns. We pay a couple dollars more, but we save a 40 mile drive to the town down the road (1million pop) with the "big blue store".
I don't buy milk or soda or cereal anymore, being older and childless. I'm careful how much I drive. Our problem is County has raised property values on the mom and pop and everyone . How are these folks supposed to continue to do business. The Chains get a tax break or "abatement".
Our mayor is running his budget off traffic court!Last Friday, there were 65 people in our court paying over a hundred each for traffic violations. Last month our town issued 1700 tickets! Figure out how many that is an hour...in a town you could throw a rock through, except it lies against I35 and they run a speed trap too. I'm telling you guys, government in general does not seem to have the citizen's welfare at heart. They are just looking at things a a money machine.
And this thinking goes clear to the top in government. Well, I'm just saying what you all already know. Too much greed.
Like the song says, You chose the "bottom line", but look what you're leaving behind".