Things About Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Things I learned living in Texas .......

1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Texas
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Texas , plus a couple no one's seen before
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5."Onced" and "Twiced" are words
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
7. "Jaw-P?" means "Did y'all go to the bathroom?" (I have personal experience with this one. The kids returned from the rest-stop and this is what my wife asked them).
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. "Fixinto" is one word.
10. There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar
12. Backwards and forwards means "I know everything about you."
13. The word "Jeet" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
14. You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
16. "No. Jew?" is a common response to the question "Did you bring any beer?".

MORE YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM TEXAS IF:
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
3. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.

4. You know what a "DAWG" is.
5. You carry jumper cables in your car ... For your OWN car.
6. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
7. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and motorsports.
8. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
9. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a bit warm".
10. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
11. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as "goin' Wal-Martin" or "off to Wally World" or off to "Wal-Mart's".
12. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather
13. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
14. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.
15 . You understand these jokes and forward them to your Texas friends and those who just wish they were from Texas.

15 . You understand these jokes and forward them to your Texas friends and those who just wish they were from Texas.

I don't consider these truth's to be jokes. Those of us from Texas realize they are all truths.

Almost all of those apply to Kentucky as well. Cool list.

Texans you don't have all this to yourself. Us hillbillies have that + more. Just being neighborly to shear it.

I thought armadillos were flat and live in the middle of the road.

Lammie":bufmo9pj said:

And greasey and attract buzzards so you can hit a couple of them also.
If ya think running over a skunk is bad try hitting a buzzard.It will always take out your grill.

Cal

Lammie":1e423bfd said:

Well they do lay in the middle of the road but usually are flat of their back holding a can of Lone Star Beer. :lol2: :lol2:

Why did the chicken cross the road????????????

To show the armadillo that it could be done. :lol2: :lol2:

My dad came home with three baby armidillos one day. I guess he had found them when he was burning brush one day. I was real little, about three, but I can remember them. I don't know what he did with them, but they lived at hour house for a day or two. They were interesting little things. I hated to see them go.

perda04":c1o97egc said:
All the cases of leprosy in the U.S. in recent history have traced to handling armadillos. There are a carrier for leprosy.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a990219.html

http://bss.sfsu.edu/geog/bholzman/cours ... adillo.htm

Well, I am here to tell you that ain't nothing falling off me. That was forty years ago. I have heard that before and I figured you probably had to kiss it or something.

Really, though, with four thousand cases in the entire United States, I think I have bigger worries than catching leprosy from them. I stand a far greater chance of getting TB from the students we have coming here from Mexico. I don't see living armidillos here a lot, but I sure do see those students every day.

Well Texas and Arkansas are only western counties of the great state of Tennessee, ya'll should speak our language.

jw":13ndcq43 said:

I don't consider these truth's to be jokes. Those of us from Texas realize they are all truths.

Cept for that Wal-Mart thang

TexasBred":hhh6c2k8 said:
12. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather

Stew? Yes

Chicken? I sure hope not. I'll make mine with BEEF!

Ryan

Ryan":130yu2zz said:
TexasBred":130yu2zz said:

Stew? Yes

Chicken? I sure hope not. I'll make mine with BEEF!

Ryan

I probably would to but the buddy what sent me this is a chicken farmer. (Wonder if he ever visited the Chicken Ranch down in LaGrange, Tx) :?: :?: :?: Probalby wouldn't admit it anyway... :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts