They just don't get it.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Was listening to Paul Harvey this AM and he was talking about the horse slaughter plants. Seems congress has told us to shut them down and USDA said no. The way the man talked it was as if they were an indangered species and it was the worst ever in America. how humans could consume these animals and we sell it to them. My point? We need to spred the word of Agriculture. Be good stuards and set a good example. My thoughts on "Scotty" says.

Scotty

Another prime example of how misleading a bunch of bleeding hearts can make of animal issues. And to think that I occasionally enjoyed listening to Harvey... :roll:

Personally, I'm darn glad we still have the option to send horses to slaughter, as some are definately only worthwhile making glue and Alpo.

Take care.

Our Alberta Beef magazine had a story about that in the last issue I read. There will be more abuse cases if the horse slaughter plants close down. Not only that but what do people do with the nut job horses that shouldn't be kept around? Sure you can shoot them but a lot of horse people won't do that, they also won't pay to have a vet out to put them down so there will be more lunatic horses out there. I thought it was already bad enough. :roll: